cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3/21 - Samsung Epic Maintenance Release (Android 2.2) - EC05

Journeyman

how can i get my htc hero to run gingerbread??????????

Journeyman

Maybe if you visit the HTC Hero forum you'll find more answers there?!  

Journeyman

I was waiting for someone to reply...lol.

Journeyman

LOL...I guess didn't want him to stick around wondering 

Journeyman

Thank you i will

Journeyman

CAROLCITY99 wrote:

how can i get my htc hero to run gingerbread??????????

I think that there are two roms available which some great devs have worked on together, one of them is a cyanogen7 gingerbread rom found at

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=864403

all the necessary files are on the first page of the forum, and be sure to go through the "Read Me" its the link in big red letters. It looks like they updated yesterday, and they usually post a new update about once a week. But I must warn you, you have to root your hero to do this, which voids warrenty. also be sure to read instructions because it is possible to mess up your phone, which in most cases you can recover from if you do more reading and ask for help in the forum.

P.S. There is an XDA app in the android market that makes using the forum on your phone pretty easy.

Journeyman

Thanks a bunch!! I upgraded from the hero to the epic so now i can do something useful with my hero lol

Journeyman

I upgraded from Hero to epic also, but it was because I destroyed my hero... be careful not to go formatting EVERYTHING in clockworkmod while in a drunken stupor... only format what the instructions tell you to...please for the love of god read instructions! I do love my epic though and think I'll like it more when this update comes through... back on topic. Epic 4g Update EC05... come on.

Journeyman

Heyyyy.. I just got my message that Sprint ID coming soon also.  Im in Northern Va and am on OTW EB13.

Journeyman

Wouldn't it be nice to have a clean thread with ONLY folks who have received the update, with no replies or comments in that thread - only the following;

1) when the update was received

2) location of epic owner (supposedly this doesn't matter, but it would be nice to see if a pattern emerges)

3) if it is running smoothly or if there are any problems

Short and sweet.  This way I wouldn't have to wade through pages of blah blah blah in the hopes of finding one person who received it and we could see if a pattern is developing.

Just my thoughts...

Journeyman

Yeah, I got the same message. Gotta check the details on it.

Journeyman

everyone over at xda are downloading the update as I write is under the I have ec05 thread!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat