cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3/21 - Samsung Epic Maintenance Release (Android 2.2) - EC05

Journeyman

If you're that eager for the flash player, just download it from the market. By the way its been updated to 10.2

Journeyman

Same here

Journeyman

eco5.jpg

Journeyman

Great Pic

Journeyman

This pis was provided by one of the xda guys on the xda site so soonnnnnnnn we all going to have it

Journeyman

Going from EB13 to EC05? Did itg wipe your phone completely or just update? I really dont wanna have all my apps and stuff erased!

Journeyman

Re: 3/21 - Samsung Epic Maintenance Release (Android 2.2) - EC05

Yes that guy is meeee lol also can be found on

android forums

Journeyman

tonycosio39 wrote:

Hang in there desi, we really appreciate your forthright honest communication. It needs to be stated that the resposnibility of the "upgrade quality control" rests on Sammy and Google.

Sprint is merely the carrier of the infrstructure and they are at the mercy of Sammy and Google. They are probably pushing both of them hard because it does Sprints customer relation no good to have this hanging over them for one phone. 

I'm afriad this is incorrect. If it was just between samsung and google the update would have been available months ago and they would be working on gingerbread releases. I think the hardware on the phone is good too. The delay is sprint integration into the phone with things like Sprint ID, visual voicemail..etc. How do I come to this assumption? If you go to XDA you will see that when the devs make roms, they can get them out alot quicker, sure the betas may have a few bugs, but the good ones are updated frequently and they allow bug reporting and accept help from end-users. Also devices that sprint said would not be updated (Htc Hero) is already running gingerbread rom's rather smoothly on outdated hardware. Just my 2 cents.

Journeyman

there are a few different reports going around that the push has started online time will tell

Journeyman

I updated my Epic to 2.2 manually using the samsung website. The  update didn't include Sprint ID... Will I still get Sprint ID. The  Baseband I have is S:D700.0.5S.EB13

I got it from http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/263401#263401 . Now will I still get the over the air update (EC05) ?

BTW: As far as I know I did not get any of the problems that a lot of people got from EB13

Journeyman

that is the release that came out a month ago that got suspended.. and yes you will still get the update once it pushs to your phone

Journeyman

CMCOSTA wrote:

tonycosio39 wrote:

Hang in there desi, we really appreciate your forthright honest communication. It needs to be stated that the resposnibility of the "upgrade quality control" rests on Sammy and Google.

Sprint is merely the carrier of the infrstructure and they are at the mercy of Sammy and Google. They are probably pushing both of them hard because it does Sprints customer relation no good to have this hanging over them for one phone. 

I'm afriad this is incorrect. If it was just between samsung and google the update would have been available months ago and they would be working on gingerbread releases. I think the hardware on the phone is good too. The delay is sprint integration into the phone with things like Sprint ID, visual voicemail..etc. How do I come to this assumption? If you go to XDA you will see that when the devs make roms, they can get them out alot quicker, sure the betas may have a few bugs, but the good ones are updated frequently and they allow bug reporting and accept help from end-users. Also devices that sprint said would not be updated (Htc Hero) is already running gingerbread rom's rather smoothly on outdated hardware. Just my 2 cents.

Great point about the Sprint Apps. So if it's the Sprint apps then why do those particular apps work well on the EVO's that have been on Froyo for a while now? Why is it just relegated to the EPIC? I can't put my brain around that one. Hardware related? I just switched to Sprint in late Nov of 2010 and i was the only one to get the EPIC. All other 4 phones are EVO's and there have not been issues with 2.2 on these phones and if memory serves me right, they were either on 2.2 when we got the phones or very shortly thereafter.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat