cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3/21 - Samsung Epic Maintenance Release (Android 2.2) - EC05

Journeyman

I'm going to the Sprint store today after work, I'm tired of waiting. My fiance has the Evo & I get jealous everytime he watches a video w/ his Flash Player 10.1!!

Journeyman

I'm thinking it will be like the EB13 update was. OTA Starting around 9PM PT and the OTW download available around 3 to 4 PM PT

We will have to see if EC05 comes out around the same times.

Journeyman

Most Sprint Stores will not have EC05, unless you goto a Repair Center and thats still a maybe!

If you truely wanted 2.2 its been out quite some time and will little effort could of been installed.

Im waiting to recieve mine but i originally updated doto the auto-update was not working for some reason.

i reset back to DI18 and waiting for it to apply sometime over the next week (on EB13 atm)

and to answer your questing.. if you get the update file no it will not wipe everything out, however always backup in case there is a glitch

Once i test then ill apply to my wifes phone, however so far it is looking very good.

However, Updates are a cursity of Samsung/Sprint, If you get one great but no guarantees. It kinda shocks me the way some people think.

I mean do you buy a computer and 4 months later take it back cause windows 8 came out.

Journeyman

Ok, well if I don't have it by Friday then I'll go up there. This might be a crazy question but what does EB13 & EC05 stand for?

Journeyman

would LOVE to know when the otw update will come. just put the stupid thing up online already with a "brick it and you're SOL" disclaimer. we just want the stupid update that should have come WITH the damned phone. ive been into 2 sprint store, both repair stores, and been told that it has to come ota or from sprint.com.  just put it up for those of us ambitious enough to instal it ourselves.

Journeyman

EB13 and EC05 are the software Versions of the Release.. the release being pushed this week is EC05, the EB13 was the one a month ago they they suspended updating.

but yes i can totally understand being jealous over the evo that got 2.2 almost instantly when it came out.

Our work phones are all Evo and ive been tempted to use that for the software etc..

Hopefully Sprint can get this out to as many as possible.. they have said the downloads will probably start this evening like the last few have.. less stress on the network.

hope that helps TRobertson87

Journeyman

Re: 3/21 - Samsung Epic Maintenance Release (Android 2.2) - EC05

TRobertson87 wrote:

Ok, well if I don't have it by Friday then I'll go up there. This might be a crazy question but what does EB13 & EC05 stand for?

Basically just the dates of the updates.. # = day of the month the 1st letter  E= year 2011   2nd letter B = FEB  C = MAR D= APRIL etc etc.

Journeyman

Thank you so much, jecaron & RSPC for that information!!

Journeyman

So if I successfully installed the EB 13 version...will there any reason to install the EC05 version?

Journeyman

Yes, what's up with that?  Will it wipe out everything???  That would be awful?  What about backing up?  How does one do that?  What about people who had DK28 when it was floating around?

Journeyman

I would thing the CALL Log issue soing all comunications is not a feature and is a bug that would be fixed. I can look at my mess. screen to see message history. In the call history I only want calls.

Journeyman

Re: 3/21 - Samsung Epic Maintenance Release (Android 2.2) - EC05

I hope the OTA update comes to my neck of the woods soon! I will now leave you with this image

my_mog20.jpg

Lawl

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat