Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3/21 - Samsung Epic Maintenance Release (Android 2.2) - EC05

Highlighted
Wizard

3/21 - Samsung Epic Maintenance Release (Android 2.2) - EC05

Samsung Epic Maintenance Release (Android 2.2) - EC05

Enhancements/Fixes:

- Upgrade of the Google OS from Éclair to Froyo (2.2.1)

- Ability to install applications to external storage

- Improved Bluetooth device support

- Bluetooth Voice Dialing

- Flash Player 10.1

- Improved OS performance

- many others...

- GPS Enhancements

- Email PIN based authentication

- User friendly tethering for 3G and 4G

- Sprint ID

Important Notes:

- Software version is: S:D700.0.5S.EC05

- Devices with software versions DI18 and EB13 will receive the update first.  See the

Samsung Epic Maintenance Release Blog  or this thread for information on updating from older

software versions. 

- Download and install time is approximately 10 minutes

- Released in stages with 100% of devices having received the update within 4 days.  Devices

on releases other than DI18 or EB13 may take longer to receive the update. 

- Refer to the Samsung Epic Maintenance Release blog for install instructions

- Refer to this thread for more Epic specific information on Sprint ID 

UPDATE 3/28: The EB13 to EC05 rollout is hitting devices now!

Added info regarding older software releases: dshoem01

Timing for EB13:  dshoem01

Message was edited by: dshoem01

1,142 REPLIES 1,142
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have a rooted phone with 2.1 and I want to upgrade. Got the OTA msg this morning and, of course, it failed. I realize I could jump through a couple hundred hoops and try and make something work, but at this point I want to reset it to factory and upgrade to 2.2. I have my Angry Birds data saved and that is all I care about. Resintalling a few apps is no biggie and I have google sync.

SO....  how do I make the upgrade run again? I can't update manually. I did download EC05 from the Samsung web site. After resetting to Factory, can I rename that to "update.zip", put it in the root of the SD card, do a recovery reboot, and install? Or do I need to wait for these 2 S|_|CK A$$ companies to get their acts together?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@Owen1023 - where did you download the ECO5? I am unable to find the software.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You will have to un-root back to DI18 and then run the update.

Highlighted
Journeyman

There is no update to run. When you check, it says I am current.

Highlighted
Journeyman

That is the source code that you downloaded! You cannot use that to flash EC05..

There is a link floating around here to a useable EC05 update.zip though

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, i know... wrong link. I removed.

Highlighted
Journeyman
Highlighted
Journeyman

OWEN1023 wrote:

EC05 found here:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/sprint-epic-4g/70196-sprint-samsung-epic-4g-official-froyo-ec05-upda...

You can try one of thoese and see if it works, if not you will have to revert back to stock DI18 first and then update from there.

If I find my link to DI18 i'll post it for you.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Since it seems like we have to do these updates ourselves can someone please post what needs to be done for EB13 users?

Do we need to rollback to 2.1 (does someone have the link to the stock ROM)?

If our phones are rooted do we need to unroot?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I received the message on my phone this morning when I took the phone off the charger.  The screen stated there was an update to do. The message was right on the screen without doing anything.  I just clicked OK to do the update and everything loaded fine, about 5 mins is all it took.

The update seems to have made the phone much better all around and now with Bluetooth you can make a call from my hands free device (one thing I was waiting for).

I never mess with my phones and only do updates that Sprint sends out and have never had a problem.  I think when you start changing things with the phones software thats when things start not working correctly.

One thing I found is if you get a Text message the blue light at top of phone use to light up but now I noticed it doesn't, no bit deal.  I live in the NJ area if this is of any importance regarding the update.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Its been four days - I have DI18 and I haven't seen the update yet.  My phone still says its upto date with 2.1.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Anyone on DG17 get their update yet?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat