Samsung Epic Maintenance Release (Android 2.2) - EC05
- Upgrade of the Google OS from Éclair to Froyo (2.2.1)
- Ability to install applications to external storage
- Improved Bluetooth device support
- Bluetooth Voice Dialing
- Flash Player 10.1
- Improved OS performance
- many others...
- GPS Enhancements
- Email PIN based authentication
- User friendly tethering for 3G and 4G
- Sprint ID
- Software version is: S:D700.0.5S.EC05
- Devices with software versions DI18 and EB13 will receive the update first. See the
- Download and install time is approximately 10 minutes
- Released in stages with 100% of devices having received the update within 4 days. Devices
on releases other than DI18 or EB13 may take longer to receive the update.
- Refer to the Samsung Epic Maintenance Release blog for install instructions
- Refer to this thread for more Epic specific information on Sprint ID
UPDATE 3/28: The EB13 to EC05 rollout is hitting devices now!
Added info regarding older software releases: dshoem01
Timing for EB13: dshoem01
Message was edited by: dshoem01
I have a rooted phone with 2.1 and I want to upgrade. Got the OTA msg this morning and, of course, it failed. I realize I could jump through a couple hundred hoops and try and make something work, but at this point I want to reset it to factory and upgrade to 2.2. I have my Angry Birds data saved and that is all I care about. Resintalling a few apps is no biggie and I have google sync.
SO.... how do I make the upgrade run again? I can't update manually. I did download EC05 from the Samsung web site. After resetting to Factory, can I rename that to "update.zip", put it in the root of the SD card, do a recovery reboot, and install? Or do I need to wait for these 2 S|_|CK A$$ companies to get their acts together?
You can try one of thoese and see if it works, if not you will have to revert back to stock DI18 first and then update from there.
If I find my link to DI18 i'll post it for you.
Since it seems like we have to do these updates ourselves can someone please post what needs to be done for EB13 users?
Do we need to rollback to 2.1 (does someone have the link to the stock ROM)?
If our phones are rooted do we need to unroot?
I received the message on my phone this morning when I took the phone off the charger. The screen stated there was an update to do. The message was right on the screen without doing anything. I just clicked OK to do the update and everything loaded fine, about 5 mins is all it took.
The update seems to have made the phone much better all around and now with Bluetooth you can make a call from my hands free device (one thing I was waiting for).
I never mess with my phones and only do updates that Sprint sends out and have never had a problem. I think when you start changing things with the phones software thats when things start not working correctly.
One thing I found is if you get a Text message the blue light at top of phone use to light up but now I noticed it doesn't, no bit deal. I live in the NJ area if this is of any importance regarding the update.