cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3/26 - Samsung Epic 4G Software Update - FC09

Re: 3/26 - Samsung Epic 4G Software Update - FC09

LR3799 wrote:

Your right is prob was a tech but he does Manufacturer right? Yes I know they may not know things just like anywhere else but I just think its funny that there is a discussion forum with the information about this update and neither Samsung or Sprint techs have any idea what I am talking about. I even told him Sprint posted the info on this forum. As for the icon ohh I've seen it on Htc phones and I like it

It's not a big update so I imagine it wasn't made as visable as past updates and unless the tech goes looking for the info, they probably won't know.

HTC uses an interface called "Sense" and it is available only on their phones.

Journeyman

Omg * Work for the Manufacturer...As for the Apps killing my battery I have the same exact apps as I did on E122..I use my task manager not sure...I could always roll it back once again but each update has its lil issues I guess to each its own and which software version you want to put up with 

Journeyman

Ever since FC09, my phone has begun to FREEZE solid. Have to completely pull the battery out. Never did that before. Seems to happen at least once every other day, but sometimes on consecutive days. For a while, it seemed as if it always happened as I was driving to work in the morning... I almost begin to suspect something to do with the new "Connections Optimizer" is doing something weird as I travel down the highway (?) - like something is causing it to freeze after trying (and failing) to connect to 4G and various Wi-Fi spots along the way - but that is just a guess.

Journeyman

I am using EL30 and it does a freeze about once per day, usually in the morning, and requires battery removal to reset so when I get FC09 it can't be any worse.  -Russ

Journeyman

Still waiting for the update. I would manually update it but the phone rarely connects to my PC. Done with Samsung after this contract expires.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I figured I would wait for the OTA, can't see it being much better than what I am using right now.

Journeyman

So here's a question for any of you really smart people that really know about the Samsung Epic 4G

It's 4:21 am EST here in the United States (Michigan) I just recieved the MR7 Update EL30 to FC09 update.

My problem is that my phone is rooted and it's running:

ROM: CleanGB-MTD-1.1.2

Kernal: 2.6.35.7-CleanGB-MTD-g6d33744

Baseband Version: S:D700.0.5S.EL30

Firmware Version: 2.3.6

I'm not sure what this update pertains to, but I'd really like to know, because simply, I just want my phone to work.

If I update, is it going to stir anything up on my phone? What's this update for?

Help?

TheItalianFurby wrote:

So here's a question for any of you really smart people that really know about the Samsung Epic 4G

It's 4:21 am EST here in the United States (Michigan) I just recieved the MR7 Update EL30 to FC09 update.

My problem is that my phone is rooted and it's running:

ROM: CleanGB-MTD-1.1.2

Kernal: 2.6.35.7-CleanGB-MTD-g6d33744

Baseband Version: S:D700.0.5S.EL30

Firmware Version: 2.3.6

I'm not sure what this update pertains to, but I'd really like to know, because simply, I just want my phone to work.

If I update, is it going to stir anything up on my phone? What's this update for?

Help?

If you have a custom recovery installed such as cwm, the update will fail. You need to have the stock recovery for the update to install. Installing the update will cause you to lose root as well.

The update does what it says in the first post on this topic. Fixes a force close issue with the dialer and adds the Sprint Connection Optimizer.

Journeyman

I think if your Rooted and Your Fine with How your Phone is working then Leave well enough alone..I Know that they Have an ICS Rom for rooted epics if you wanted to go that route. I'm not rooted I'm scared to brick my phone. But it seems that alot of people seem to be having some sort of issue with each software update lately. So its basically update at your own risk lolz...CoasterPhoto did the Epic before Gingerbread was it able to take Screenshots? I tried to get an app for an unrooted phone but everytime I plugged in my phone to my laptop to try to do it. I wouldn't recognize my sd card. But when I first plugged in the phone it would ask me if I wanted to Import my pics so I'm not sure whats going on..I would really like to be able to take screenshots but not sure if I'm going to be able to

LR3799 wrote:

I think if your Rooted and Your Fine with How your Phone is working then Leave well enough alone..I Know that they Have an ICS Rom for rooted epics if you wanted to go that route. I'm not rooted I'm scared to brick my phone. But it seems that alot of people seem to be having some sort of issue with each software update lately. So its basically update at your own risk lolz...CoasterPhoto did the Epic before Gingerbread was it able to take Screenshots? I tried to get an app for an unrooted phone but everytime I plugged in my phone to my laptop to try to do it. I wouldn't recognize my sd card. But when I first plugged in the phone it would ask me if I wanted to Import my pics so I'm not sure whats going on..I would really like to be able to take screenshots but not sure if I'm going to be able to

You have to be rooted for screenshot apps to work. There was one app that worked without being rooted (even though it said root required) before Gingerbread but that same app now won't work unless you are rooted.

Patron

I have a rooted Epic 4G with EL30.  I got a notification that sprint software had downloaded.  I tried to install it but of course it bombed out (error 7) presumably because my phone is rooted.

How do I put FC09 on it?  I would like to take advantage of any radio/modem improvements.

Thanks,

Sam

Journeyman

... has it been 6 weeks yet? I haven't received my OTA update, I guess its still slowly rolling out.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat