cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3G Upload Capped - Thread 2

Highlighted
Wizard

3G Upload Capped - Thread 2

This thread is being opened as a continuation of the '3G Upload Capped' thread that has been locked.

Here's a link to the locked thread: http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/218310#218310

111 REPLIES 111
Highlighted
Wizard

The maintenance release has been temporarily delayed.  I just posted the following over on the MR thread:

We learned this evening that there  were administrative issues getting this software loaded to Google's  servers.  We don't yet have an expected time when this will be available  but will update you as soon as possible.  Please see the statement  below that was sent by the Sprint Product Management team: 

We   were planning to release an update for your Samsung Epic 4G on 9/30.    The file was delivered and on track for distribution but late this   afternoon, we learned that an administrative issue prevented Google  from  releasing the update as we had planned.  We are working to resolve  the  issue and will provide an update as soon as we understand the new   delivery schedule.

We   would like to clarify that  the timing of this update has nothing to  do  with the 30 day return window that many of you on these blogs have  been  discussing and that this delay has nothing to do with any last  minute  changes within the release package itself.  The delay is simply  due to  an administrative issue that we are working to resolve.

Highlighted
Journeyman

bottom line is, and no disrespect to the admins, but Sprint botched the job not realizing that today was the 30 day mark for people to return, do to that, they had to delay a day, simple as that.  Should have gone out at 12:00am, thats almost 24 hours ago,  now google is responsible,  if it was me, 1 hour after the release and certainly by morning, I would have been on the phone with google and it would have been fixed by noon at the latest.  Someone is full of it here and its only going to get worse the longer we wait, not to mention, if they didn't fix the cap, its going to keep getting worse because now people are being intentionally lied to.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i love how impatient people are.... if you stop paying attention to it. itll show up sooner.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Desi, there is NO reason sprint can't post this update file, which you claim was delivered already online so that we can download and install it.  This is how I got my last update and went flawlessly.  This update should also be available at the retail store level, correct? surely sprint doesn't need google's system to update their own sprint update in a sprint store?  Please provide an alternative method of download.  I think it is very obvious this is a serious and high profile issue.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Any truth to the rumor that they couldn't get it uploaded to the server because they were trying to upload it from an Epic?

Highlighted
Journeyman

leslielusk1 wrote:

Any truth to the rumor that they couldn't get it uploaded to the server because they were trying to upload it from an Epic?

yes, and the guy delivering it got lost due to the GPS

Highlighted
Wizard

Sorry, we don't have this file available for download.  The retail stores normally don't have it available until 4-5 days after the OTA push.  I know everyone's impatient and wants this update asap, but the quickest way is really to wait until it's released from Google.  This has very high visibility within Sprint and we're doing everything we can to get it to you as fast as possible.    

Highlighted
Journeyman

From reading the last several official posts from Sprint, I think that at long last the powers that be are listening.

I understand that it may not make sense to some of us why it was delayed and the procedures that must be followed, but I do think that Sprint is trying really hard to get this update out. If for no other reason than to have a little peace until the next problem is found.

I feel sorry for the poor dude with the Epic who obviously got lost on the trip to Google to transfer the update. Too bad he wasn't in 4G coverage. Probably got charged 10.00 a month for it too.

That being said, every company has difficulties, but maybe we all just need to chill for the night. Those who are impatient, take your phones back. Otherwise, wait until it is released.

Sprint and admins, the more info you can provide, the better, as I am sure you know.

Just my opinion.

Highlighted
Journeyman

azgli2076 wrote:

I feel sorry for the poor dude with the Epic who obviously got lost on the trip to Google to transfer the update. Too bad he wasn't in 4G coverage. Probably got charged 10.00 a month for it too.

I agree though, unlike the other statements, this is at least very firm and very direct in responding to the 30 day thing unlike their previous statements which have always been 'may' or 'possibly' or 'could', etc.

Who knows though... some people are reporting the cap gone and apparently there hasn't been an update yet.

Like I said, because they weren't so wishy-washy with their statements, I actually think this is the genuine truth, but there sure as hell is starting to be a whole lotta smoke for not having a fire.

Edit: Aych e double hockey sticks is censored?

Message was edited by: AngryPanda

Highlighted
Journeyman

dshoem01 wrote:

Agree it seems odd that no one on the Community has received it.  This push is actually coming from Google.  We're following up with them to see if there are issues.  We are also anxiously awaiting customer results!

Searching around on the other Android forums... I haven't seen anyone post about getting the update. By this time someone should have had it. To be honest, I'm glad I sent the phone back.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Did you read the previous posts?...the update is delayed..

Highlighted
Journeyman

dshoem01 wrote:

We   would like to clarify that  the timing of this update has nothing to  do  with the 30 day return window that many of you on these blogs have  been  discussing and that this delay has nothing to do with any last  minute  changes within the release package itself.  The delay is simply  due to  an administrative issue that we are working to resolve.

If this is true, would Sprint be willing to extend the return deadline for customers who are out of time? 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat