cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3G Upload Capped?

Journeyman

Re: 3G Upload Capped?

I heard a rumor that there is a Swype version available on some of the forums that can be loaded onto the EVO. I was able to find a version for my Xperia, but it has a non-stock ROM loaded.

From the statement that a user made regarding his account being reprovisioned and the upload cap going away, it sounds like there is an error with the account settings for the Epic, but that could be wrong. Maybe if the user could report if the speed has stayed uncapped, we could confirm?

Journeyman

azgli2076 -

The people that have Swype on their EVO's were able to get a beta version for it.  Swype Inc. ( http://swypeinc.com/ ) has closed their beta testing back in June.  I've searched Google and Bing and those results go back to the Swype website. But this is not what this discussion is about.

This is my first time with Sprint, so I'm really really hoping that Sprint has a more integrity than Motorola and they are not just stringing us along and a fix is truly coming very soon (also hoping that Sprint doesn't use Motorola's definition of "soon").

Thanks,

Joe

Journeyman
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: 3G Upload Capped - UPDATE?

Good news - an update will be released tomorrow 9/30.  It will be rolled out over a 4 day period so not everyone will get it on day 1. 

I will have the standard MR information (fixes included, rollout schedule, etc) available tomorrow morning and will post it in a new featured thread.

Journeyman

still uncapped.  getting over 600 up.

Journeyman

That is AWESOME NEWS!  Looking forward to it!

Journeyman

thank you for this info, and this isn't directed at you, but seriously, the update is coming out the day after the 30 day period is up for anyone that purchased on the first day?  And 4 days to complete so the heaviest sales of the phone will be out of the 30 day return period.  thats pretty crappy in my opinion. 

bottom line is with a company the size of sprint, its not like people are scrambling to finish it today and if they are, can I apply for the open project management position as someone needs to be fired?  so that just leaves it purposely being held off until sprint decided it would be most advantageous to release it.

Journeyman

That IS good news, Desi!  Thank you for updating us on this.  I'm sure we'd all like to know what the issue was and how it was fixed, but I am just relieved that it was addressed.  I would imagine that this will go a long way in restoring some confidence in Sprint by current and future customers.

Journeyman

Socomon -

Thank you VERY much!

Thanks,

Joe

Journeyman

Great news indeed...  anyone else already seeing an increase??

Journeyman

i'd say at this point its just news, they haven't fixed anything yet and to my knowledge the only thing the only other update on this phone did was kill battery life installing a nonsense feature that everyone is now removing.

Journeyman

Desi -

Thank you for that!!  I'm sure everyone is really looking forward to see the list that you have on the fixes!

Thanks,

Joe

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat