cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3G Upload Capped?

Highlighted
Journeyman

3G Upload Capped?

For some odd reason my Epic is unable to upload faster than 150 kbps when on the 3g data network, no matter how many bars I have (first test in the image is on Wifi).  I've tested it side by side with a palm pre, and the pre was able to consistently hit 400-500 kbps.

Is this a software issue, hardware issue, or a sprint capping issue?

638 REPLIES 638
Highlighted
Wizard

Joe,

The 3G upload issue is definitely in the release.

I doubt the GPS issue is since I just forwarded input from this forum over to engineering for further analysis.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Desi -

Thank you for responding.  I'm currently on the phone with Samsung and they are saying they have NO FIX for this.

So this issue is on the Sprint side and not on the Samsung side which is why Samsung doesn't know anything about it.  Is that correct?

Thanks,

Joe

Highlighted
Journeyman

dshoem01 wrote:

The 3G upload issue is definitely in the release.

Thank you for that direct statement - that does give some more confidence.

(Not knowing is/was the majority of the frustration...)

Highlighted
Journeyman

I purchased my phone at a radio shack on 8-31-10 and wasn't sure if my 30 days would be up today (9-29-10) or tomorrow.  I mean, does the evening I brought home the phone really count as my first day?  Or does the time from 8-31-10 through 9-1-10 count as the first day?  Not being sure, I called Radio Shack and spoke with a rep who said I'd be able to return my phone tomorrow no problem.  She gave me her number and direct line in case I have any issues, but after finding this thread it seems like it's just understood that for those of us who bought the phone the day it was released..today is the day to return it if we're going to.

Here's where I'm confused though.  If I was buying an item at a store that had a 1 day return policy on August 31st, I would be able to return the item I purchased on September 1st...otherwise it's a same-day return policy.  So...doesn't that mean September 1st is day one?  Someone please help me get a straight answer.  Thanks 

Message was edited by: SntaCruz83

Highlighted
Journeyman

tdkjoe check your pm for my number if you want to borrow my treo 650 for a few days.

Highlighted
Journeyman

compuw22c,

I just replied.

Thanks,

Joe

Highlighted
Journeyman

SntaCruz83 wrote:

but after finding this thread it seems like it's just understood that for those of us who bought the phone the day it was released..today is the day to return it if we're going to.

Here's where I'm confused though.  If I was buying an item at a store that had a 1 day return policy on August 31st, I would be able to return the item I purchased on September 1st...otherwise it's a same-day return policy.  So...doesn't that mean September 1st is day one?  Someone please help me get a straight answer.  Thanks 

Message was edited by: SntaCruz83

Well, for me at least, I was just going off what someone else said. I wasn't actually aware the date that the phone was released since I personally wasn't at the end of any contracts at that point. But... if it was released 08/31, I don't see how any date earlier than 09/30 would be the last day.

Highlighted
Journeyman

DshoeM01

You did a damn good job .

Thanks for all the help.

Highlighted
Journeyman

regarding the GPS info just being forwarded to engineering, does this imply they do not know about the GPS problems?  GPS has got to be the most known issue all over the various android forums.  there are probably thousands of posts concerning the GPS epic issues, let alone other galaxy s phones.  issues from day 1.maybe i am reading this wrong?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am very suspicious of these people posting screenshots of Speedtest.net app indicatiing that they are getting higher than 150kbps uploads.  I just did a Speedtest.net test on WiFi and easily got about 1000kbps upload and then I turned off my WiFi and if I took a screen shot it looks like I acomplished it on 3G.

Message was edited by: cbpagent72

Highlighted
Journeyman

cbpagent72 wrote:

I am very suspicious of these people posting screenshots of Speedtest.net app indicatiing that they are getting higher than 150kbps uploads.  I just did a Speedtest.net test on WiFi and easily got about 1000kbps upload and then I turned off my WiFi and if I took a screen shot it looks like I acomplished it on 3G.

Message was edited by: cbpagent72

Then their downloads should be 3-4x higher, and their upload should be higher than 900 in most areas.

Highlighted
Journeyman

bull,  in the results page, wifi will show with a wifi sign where 3g and 4g will show with the little sign that is for cellphone signal.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat