cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3G Upload Capped?

Highlighted
Journeyman

3G Upload Capped?

For some odd reason my Epic is unable to upload faster than 150 kbps when on the 3g data network, no matter how many bars I have (first test in the image is on Wifi).  I've tested it side by side with a palm pre, and the pre was able to consistently hit 400-500 kbps.

Is this a software issue, hardware issue, or a sprint capping issue?

638 REPLIES 638
Highlighted
Journeyman
Highlighted
Journeyman

joedhimself wrote:

Finally....

http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/29/epic-4g-problems-so-far-and-a-few-solutions/

Thank Richard Lawler over at Engadget. He has an Epic 4G and he's going to bat for us...

Highlighted
Journeyman

MMMHMMM

What was I saying on Sunday? The Sprint employee that I felt was up front telling me that they would NOT let this slip through the cracks and a fix would be coming....

Glad I stuck it out and listened to him and NOT trade the EPIC for  the EVO.

I may be jumping the gun, but we will see within 4 days.

Good luck to us all that kept the EPIC.

Highlighted
Journeyman

ronniedean69 wrote:

MMMHMMM

What was I saying on Sunday? The Sprint employee that I felt was up front telling me that they would NOT let this slip through the cracks and a fix would be coming....

Glad I stuck it out and listened to him and NOT trade the EPIC for  the EVO.

I may be jumping the gun, but we will see within 4 days.

Good luck to us all that kept the EPIC.

I wouldn't start cheering just yet. Desi (the Sprint Admin here) has already stated the GPS lock issue is not in the latest announced fix and several other important bugs won't be in this update either. Quite frankly, the phone may (or may not) fix the 3G upload issue via a software update released over the next 4 days. The bottom line is this update has been rushed out the door to stop the hemorrhaging and once all of you are locked in I wonder how long it'll be until the GPS issue and the other 20+ bugs will take to get resolved. Either way, I wish you luck... you're far braver than many of us who left for greener pastures.

Highlighted
Journeyman

still rockin over 600 upload. i have not done anything to my phone. maybe just a freak accident when they switched my account back.  i did notice when posting here that my caps does not work from my keyboard on my epic. function keys do not work either.  I am going to try to attach a crappy video from my wife's Pre.  Camera does not focus well up close, or maybe it has been too long since I used a Pre.

Message was edited by: dwirkowski

Message was edited by: dwirkowski

Highlighted
Journeyman

LOL!!!  dwirkowski -

Sorry but this is too funny not to share!!!  Take a look at this! (this is pre-update):

I sure hope that whoever gets the update today does a speed test and post their results!

Thanks,

Joe

Message was edited by: TKDJOE1 - added request to post speed test results

Highlighted
Journeyman

Desi;

Could you please post a link in this thread for your update thread?  For some reason the sprint site runs like a snail for me and I really dont have time to sit for 30m waiting for all the navigation.

thanks

Highlighted
Wizard

AngryPanda wrote:

I do have a question though, if this update doesn't work, how noticeable is this cap issue? It's egregious and ridiculous and all of that, but does it actually affect standard use of the phone? I want one so badly that I am considering getting it even if the cap remains, which of course is probably what Sprint was betting on in the first place. The Epic is better than what I currently have though, even with the cap, and they know that.

the cap issue is noticeable, in obvious situation such as sending photos and videos via MMS or uploading them to internet servers (e.g., youtube, flikr, photobucket, picasa, etc.), uploading files (e.g., dropbox), or sending attachments via email.  there are also the not so obvious situations where the app you are running is uploading data collected from your phone to it's server for additional calculations.  all that would be slowed down or even timed out.

so, to the regular users who doesn't do much of any of those, they either live with it thinking that's normal having to try multiple times or thinking that it's acceptable limitation of the device and/or network.

Highlighted
Journeyman

anyone got it yet?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello,

I was wondering that too.  Desi also said that she was going to put a Release Notes thread this morning, but I haven't seen that either.

Thanks,

Joe

Highlighted
Journeyman

They're putting it off until all the Sprint stores close so nobody can return their gimped phone, LOL.

Wouldn't it just be too perfect though

Highlighted
Journeyman

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat