cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3G Upload Capped?

Highlighted
Wizard

Re: 3G Upload Capped?

Here's a link to the MR post: http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/45702?featured=true

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks Desi!!

Thanks,

Joe

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks desi!  one last thing.  I would assume that the folks who are on their last return day are getting the update first?  Or what order is the update being pushed out?

Oh yeah, has anyone gotten the update yet?  Did it fix as it should?

thanks   

Message was edited by: d1etrichmd

Highlighted
Journeyman

that would be logical, but this is sprint, so i'm guessing they will say its random. apparently they don't get that the first person who gets the update is going to test it and let everyone else know.  The question is, whats taking so long?  the day will be over before anyone gets it at this rate.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@rob;

lol.  they are probably all too busy playing with their newfound speed to come let us know how awesome it is   or, on the flip side, it's not quite 8am on the west coast, and they may be updating by zip code, or region, and if that's the case, we may not know for a few more minutes   and if thats the case, dumb idea sprint. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello,

How would Sprint know what phones are on the last day of trial?  As I'm also in that situation, but I don't see how they can know that.

Thanks,

Joe

Highlighted
Journeyman

The update SHOULD be posted online to download.  I know that happened on XDA with the last update.  We should be able to get it direct from sprint online, because I assume the slow rollout is due to them not wanting everyone crashing their data network.  And if that is the logic, then they should post it online so people don't use network bandwidth.  C'mon Sprint, post it online for us!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Joe:

Easy.  When they sell a device, the ESN is recorded.  All they have to do is pull the ESN registration dates and sort by date.  Then, tell the updater to push to these ESN's first.

Highlighted
Journeyman

What I find strange is that folks at various forums are seeing their upload speed uncapped today without having received an update.  I'm really starting to begin to think this is something that is being done within Sprint's network and not at all on the phone.  I've been suspicious of this from the start, and this is really making me wonder now if those suspicions were correct.

One thing of note as well....one guy claims his wife (unrooted) has better upload speeds now but his (rooted) Epic is unchanged.  Food for thought....

Here's the post over at AndroidCentral...

http://forum.androidcentral.com/sprint-epic-4g/37847-3g-upload-speeds-uncapped-w-o-update.html

Message was edited by: kristv1

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello,

Ahhh!  Awsome idea!  Thanks for the explanation d1etrichmd!  It's now 10:07 am (cst). No indication of the update yet.

Deep breath...no stress   LOL! Yeah right!

Thanks,

Joe

Highlighted
Journeyman

@ Joe

Simple answer. It's called a database.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes joe, but as rob said a few posts back, this is sprint and thats logical, so it probably won't be that way

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat