cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3G Upload Capped?

Highlighted
Journeyman

3G Upload Capped?

For some odd reason my Epic is unable to upload faster than 150 kbps when on the 3g data network, no matter how many bars I have (first test in the image is on Wifi).  I've tested it side by side with a palm pre, and the pre was able to consistently hit 400-500 kbps.

Is this a software issue, hardware issue, or a sprint capping issue?

638 REPLIES 638
Highlighted
Journeyman

That code doesnt work on my phone.

Last week I was getting 3500kbps download with 150kbps upload.

Download was RevA.

But only upload falls back to RevO?

Message was edited by: kenkagawa

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same problem!!  I will be taking my back if this is not fixed.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same issues here. Awesome to pay an extra $10/mo to get slower upload speeds than I had with my V950.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the same problem.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have an evo in my left hand, an epic in my right.

Epic not exceeding 155 during 6 tries using speed test.net app.

Evo uploading at 500 reach time

I was 50 miles from home this weekend, and got the exact same results: epic=slow, evo=fast 3G uploads!

Mike

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah I think we all need to call in and report this to sprint. Make sure when you call to point them to this thread so they can document in the ticket multiple users are reporting the issue. I really don't understand how something like this could have made it past sprint's quality engineers.

Highlighted
Wizard

This isn't appearing as a 'known issue' in Sprint's internal systems, so I have forwarded this thread over to our device team.  As nitroxeno1 says, please do report this to a Sprint Store or to Care...if this is a widespread issue, it's more likely to go to the top of the queue to be worked.  

Highlighted
Journeyman

My Epic shows EVDO Rev A. If I scroll down a bit it also shows the preferred network as unknown. I tried selecting CDMA Auto PRL but it doesn't seem to stick. Anyone have any ideas about this?

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is a very real issue, we do need this problem fixed.  4G isn't everywhere nor is wifi so picture upload, qik, video upload this 3G fix is needed.

Also since were on this issue of the radio, fix the "Time without service" issue so it prefer's cdma instead of WCDMA(GSM) as this hurts our battery life.

Message was edited by: Paintbll

Highlighted
Journeyman

Last week I was in six cities in six different states.  My Epic averages 150k upload everywhere.  This is a major issue, even sending emails (something I must do for work) using this phone is unacceptably slow.  This and the fact that the GPS is very unreliable (I need to reboot the phone for it to work and since I travel a lot I use it a lot) is making this phone unacceptable.  The Evo seems to work fine (both upload and GPS), but unfortunatly I must have a keyboard.  I guarantee there will be a LOT of returns at the end of this month if nothing is done.  I've been with Sprint for over 10 years and this may push me away.  My company gives us the choice of phones and providers.  I've chosen Sprint because of the network, maybe times have changed.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for posting cshoem01, glad to see that our voice is being heard. Whatever you can do get as much attention on this issue would be greatly appreciated. So far everyone having this issue here (and on other forums) have all confirmed they are getting EVDO Rev A coverage and download speeds. Some user's have reported that they did not have this issue before the OTA update on release day, however this has not been confirmed by any real proof yet.

Highlighted
Journeyman

jlapenta1 wrote:

This is a major issue, even sending emails (something I must do for work) using this phone is unacceptably slow. 

I agree. I had the Nextel i1 for a while and could regularly get about 45K upload speeds...on an iDEN network! That the Epic can only manage 3x the speed of iDEN on a network that should afford upload speeds 10-15 times as fast as iDEN is embarrassing.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat