cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3G Upload Capped?

Highlighted
Journeyman

3G Upload Capped?

For some odd reason my Epic is unable to upload faster than 150 kbps when on the 3g data network, no matter how many bars I have (first test in the image is on Wifi).  I've tested it side by side with a palm pre, and the pre was able to consistently hit 400-500 kbps.

Is this a software issue, hardware issue, or a sprint capping issue?

638 REPLIES 638
Highlighted
Journeyman

duane.anderson wrote:

Gunkldunk--

If you are in the STL, which is a highly covered 4G city, why don't you just use 4G?  The rest of us aren't blessed with such 4G goodness yet.

Well, I don't want to get this thread totally off track, so I'll just make a brief reply: so far, the 4G connection has been kind of hit-or-miss (for me) in STL, which I have been assuming is merely because it hasn't been up and running here that long yet?

(But, when I was in Chicago recently, the 4G connection there seemed to be a lot more consistent... so I look forward to that in the future, I hope?)

As many people have pointed out (and why this 3G issue is still so "hot", even on a 4G capable phone), you're still going to have to be able to rely on 3G service/capability that is up to snuff, because you are going to have to know that you can "fall back" on using 3G whenever 4G is not available.

When the 4G does connect well, it is GREAT, for sure... but when it simply won't keep a connection, then it is NO GOOD AT ALL, obviously.

(OK - back to the topic of the thread!)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello,

In addition to not only the battery draining like a cut artery, but there's also a lot of people that don't get a 4G signal indoors.  I'm in Chicago with a good strong 4G signal OUTSIDE and as soon as I enter my house or my work the signal is gone.

There is a separate thread about this too.

Thanks,

Joe

P.S. duane.anderson - Thanks for sharing!

Highlighted
Wizard

All, I am locking this thread as it's becoming too large...takes forever to pull it up.  To keep the conversation going - and hopefully to see results today, I have opened a new thread.  Please begin to post on this new thread: http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/45705

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat