Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9/16 - Samsung Epic Maintenance Release - UPDATED - DI07

Highlighted
Wizard

9/16 - Samsung Epic Maintenance Release - UPDATED - DI07

UPDATES are in italics

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Samsung Epic Maintenance Release - DI07

Enhancements:
Samsung Media Hub provides media content (Movies, TV shows) as an available purchase option to Epic Users.

Sprint TV upgrade

Sprint Zone upgrade

Amazon MP3 upgrade

Qik upgrade

Fixes:
4G de-registration when activating Mobile Hotspot

Won't maintain Exchange credentials (emails stuck in outbox and disappearing email accounts)

GPS performance enhancement

HotSpot 3G Idle Battery Issues

32GB SD Card Fix - previously when formatting the  card, it wouldn't be recognized

Update your software:
1. The software will be automatically downloaded to your phone since this is a recommended update.

2. A System update screen will prompt the user to 'Install now' or 'Install later'.

If 'Install later' is selected, a reminder will be sent once or twice a day to install the update.

If 'Install now' is selected, the phone will power down and then reboot.

Important Notes:
- This update will take approximately 7-8 minutes to download and 7-8 minutes to install.
- The new software version is: SSmiley Very Happy700.0.5S.DI07

- This update is available OTA (over the air) only and will be pushed to your device.  It is being pushed in stages so not everyone will receive it the first day.

- Your device must be on software version DG27 to perform the update to DI07.  UPDATE: If you are on any version prior to DI07, a Sprint Service and Repair Center should be able to update your device. 

Message was edited by: dshoem01

101 REPLIES 101
Journeyman

Re: 9/16 - Samsung Epic Maintenance Release

When will this be available?  When I try to update Android or Firmware, I'm told that that there are no updates available.

Thanks.

Wizard

Try again later today.  We usually get these posts put up in the morning but the software isn't always loaded to the servers that early.

Journeyman

How abot a update to fix something important. Like the capped upload speeds (150kbps), signal dropping and GPS issues. Instead of just enabling a revenue stream for Samsung

Journeyman

Will this be an OTA only event or will we get an OTW update, too?

Journeyman

Really would have liked to see a fix for the high time without signal too... 50% is ridiculous and kills my battery.

Message was edited by: liangxia86

Wizard

I believe this is stricly an OTA update.

Journeyman

was thinking the same thing, its sad how long these galaxy s phones have been out and samsung is busy pushing out revenue generating features instead of fixing the phone.

Journeyman

Still haven't gotten the update.  I've navigated to the Update Android screen and it still stated I have the current software.  Is there any way to force the update?

Wizard

Power your phone off and then back on.  This should initiate the download.  

Journeyman

I have powered off my phone and turned it back on. I still have yet to recieve the OTA update notification. I have also checked the "Update Android" and it says "Your system is currently up to date"

Journeyman

Goodness!

Where's my update?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat