9/30 - Samsung Epic Maintenance Release - DI18

9/30 - Samsung Epic Maintenance Release

Fixes:
WiFi standby battery drain
Amazon MP3 cannot download in 4G
Large emails lag in upload speeds
Increased 3G upload speeds

Update your software
1. The software will be automatically downloaded to your phone since this is a recommended update.
2. A System update screen will prompt the user to 'Install now' or 'Install later'.
    If 'Install later' is selected, a reminder will be sent once or twice a day to install the update.
    If 'Install now' is selected, the phone will power down and then reboot.

Important Notes:
- This update will take approximately 7-8 minutes to download and 7-8 minutes to install.
- The new software version is: SSmiley Very Happy700.0.5S.DI18
- This update is available OTA (over the air) and will be pushed to your device.  It is being pushed in stages, beginning on 9/30 12:00AM EST, and will be rolled out to users over several days.
- Your device must be on software version DI07 to perform the update to DI18.

- If your device is on DG17 or DG27, you will not be able to update it until the next maintenance release.  The next maintance release will be provided as a download for those who have been unable to receive the OTA update.

- The Service and Repair centers now have the software available to update from DI07 to DI18. 

Message was edited by: dshoem01

137 REPLIES 137
Journeyman

Re: 9/30 - Samsung Epic Maintenance Release

That is outstanding news!  I cannot wait to have my upload speeds increased.  Hopefully, I will get this update soon.  I did not want to get rid of this phone......

Highlighted
Journeyman

So, a few minutes into the supposed start time for this push to occur and can't wait to receive it soon.  Anyone have this update yet?  I just bought my Epic last week, and my hope Sprint decides to release it to most recent phones first!

Journeyman

This is pointless for me because im still on DG17 and ive tried everything and still can't update. I took it to the store 3 times! I hard reset it myself. I have done everything but stuff that would void the warrenty and NOTHING.

Journeyman

Sorry to hear about that, Wuzup4jc.  Have you considered contacting Samsung regarding the phone?  Try DEMANDING support from Sprint and/or Samsung, but especially make Sprint give you some sort of credit.  You can't, nor shouldn't, fall back too far on these updates.

Journeyman

Eh, I still have one more ace in the hole. Their is this mysterious guy "josh" at the repair store near me. I have been told he might be able to help me. I still have 15 days before my 30 day return is up and in about 10 days i will start calling sprint and samsung like crazy if josh isnt able to help. If they can't do anything then I will just return my phone for another epic that WILL update or maybe just go EVO

Journeyman

i could more then likely help u getting to the di07 update man pm me if u want

Journeyman

"- Your device must be on software version DI07 to perform the update to  DI18.  If you are still on DG17 or DG27, a Sprint Service and Repair  Center should be able to update your device to DI07."

I agree.  They should be.  But they aren't.

The sheer number of balls being dropped across the Sprint network - from customer service to top-level tech support to in-store awareness of their own damn products - is truly staggering.  So many, in fact, I'd be suprised if anyone at Sprint has any balls left.

Journeyman

This is welcome news.  Thanks!

Now we are anxiously waiting for fixes for the other critical issues and an Android Froyo release.

Journeyman

So awesome for all of you if this works! I returned my EPIC yesterday, so I'm going to wait for the next greatest thing not from samsung.

Journeyman

The whole Samsung thing is exactly what is keeping me from getting the Epic. I hope HTC releases something like it in the near future. I'd like a keyboard again.

Journeyman

got tired of waiting for support to fix it, and didn' trust that the stores could handle it.  So I downloaded Odin 3 V1.3 (make sure, coz v1.0 hangs and you end up with a useless shiny thing) and the stock DI07 .tar file.  it took 5 minutes to do, and if this new OTA updtate fails too, I'll do it again.  Best thing is I got customer support to agree this violated nothing on the warrantee as there's nothing but stock Sprint/Samsung code on this beast.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat