cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9/30 - Samsung Epic Maintenance Release - DI18

Journeyman

Re: 9/30 - Samsung Epic Maintenance Release

compcrash wrote:

I just have to say that people really need to relax.

Please understand that for the "early adopters" who purchased on roll-out day, they were hitting (or have since already hit) their 30-day window.

So unfortunately, that did introduce an "artificial crisis" of sorts...

"Early adopters" have already had to directly face the dilemma/drama of whether or not to wait and trust that the fix will come, or to take measures to fully protect themselves.

Journeyman

Re: 9/30 - Samsung Epic Maintenance Release - Temporarily Delayed

Message was edited by: The Sprint Nazis

Journeyman

Update received and installed.  Looks to be working well so far.  Will test later today when I'm in a better 3G area, but I'm hitting consistent upload of 200-400kbps whereas before I never saw about 160.

Journeyman

Excellent!  Maybe folks will calm down a little now, knowing that someone has received the update and it's made a difference.  All the freaking out over a 24-hour delay has been a little crazy.  Glad to hear some positive feedback! 

Journeyman

I agree with kristv1 - I think people have been watching too many Oliver Stone movies.

As for early adopters (I'm one of them) you take on some extra risk by choice.If you have any doubts about the technology, wait a few months until things are sorted out it - then decide to buy or not.

Journeyman

Hey guys....

someone over at XDA posted a screenie of a patched epic:

snap20101001_143840.jpg

Here is a link to the post:  http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=8409468#post8409468

Journeyman

Firebird, I think you sum it up nicely. I did get mine on 9/6 but I know I am keeping my phone.

Wizard

Google has released this and we're already seeing reports of good speeds over on xda.

Journeyman

dshoem01 wrote:

Google has released this and we're already seeing reports of good speeds over on xda.

Great news!

Thank you.

Eagerly awaiting the update.

Journeyman

Good to hear that the update has been released.  I have not seen it yet but look forward to getting it on both mine and my wife's phones sometime soon.  We do like the Epic phone and correcting the issues is important to us.  Thanks to Sprint for being up front and bring the delay to everyone's attention.  I know we all get impatient but things do take time.  Hope the update works well for everyone, keep posting your results please.

Journeyman

I also have DG17, and I just bought this phone two weeks ago.  I went into the Sprint store yesterday, and they told me there is no software update available.  What's going on?

Journeyman

Does Sprint Admins know how the update is being released?  And by that I mean priority:  first Epic customers first?  by region?  I am just anxious to receive my update.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat