cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A few questions from a newbie...

Highlighted
Journeyman

A few questions from a newbie...

Calendar - Is there any way to sync "My Calendar" to my Google Calendars AND/OR can I change the default calendar to be one of my Google Calendars so I don't have to manually select it each time I create a new appointment?

Social Media Apps - I totally understand that these apps are created by 3rd parties, but HootSuite won't show me any of my feeds, when I click on them they take me back to the home screen and Foursquare never finds my location even though I have GPS enabled and read through their help to make sure everything else was ok (it was).

Contacts - Can I change the settings to display as last name, first name?  Or am I stuck with them appearing by first name.

Podcasts - Again, I know this is more of an apps questions, but what is the best way (if any) to get my podcasts on this thing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Julie

8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

Re: A few questions from a newbie...

Calendar: IF it is on your Gmail account it should atuo snyc (as long as it is enabled)

Contacts: It is only First Name, Last Name. There is no way of changing it.

Podcasts: It is going to be mainly be personal preference but I have heard Podcat and Beyond Pod are good. I don't use them so you should search for podcast in the market and try some.

Message was edited by: compcrash

Journeyman

The "my calendar" seems to be a calendar that the phone is creating by default.  It is not one I ever created through Google Calendar.  But it won't show up in Google Calendar online and I can't change the default to make all appointments schedule to one of my Google Calendars.

After days of not finding my location, foursquare is working now.  I didn't change anything, not sure what happened.

Julie

Master

To get your calander to sync with your google calander, Goto Menu>Settings>Accounts & Sync>Google>Sync Calander.

Podcast, Go to www.google.com/reader and import/add your podcast feeds, Then on your phone download "Listen" and/or "BeyondPod"(free trial) Sign in with your gmail/google account and they will sync your podcast feeds to your phone. There is also, Mediafly, dPod, Sticher, But those dont sync to your google account.

Journeyman

Thank you!  Thank you!

Listen is exactly what I was looking for.

What is the best way to save the contacts I have stored to my phone.  Is there some sort of desktop software/app for that?  Or if I want a backup I have to use the Google Contacts option?

Julie

Master

I use "My BackUp Pro" from the market, It will backup your contacts to your SD Card, They have a free version(My BackUp) but it is limited to just one device so if you switch to a different android device you won't be ble to use the backup. I also have exported/saved a .csv file of my contacts from google/gmail contacts, You can never have too many copys/backups of your contacts in case one messes up.

Journeyman

This doesn't solve the problem.  I already have a google calendar account where I have set up mutiple calendars (for jobs, home, kids etc).  The default in the Epic is a pink 'my calendar' that is NOT syncing with my google calendars despite having sync set up.  I too am not find a way to have the Epic 'my calendar' show up in the list of google calendars.  However, the better solution would be to be able to choose one of MY calendars as the default when entering on the Epic.

alternately, getting the Epic default to show up as a calendar in google online...Otherwise things entered and left as the default (on purpose or by accident) are NOT being backed up to my online acct.  If I de-select 'my calendar' from the Epic, and enter an event, it just doesn't show until I re-select the default calendar.........

Journeyman

In order to sync with Google Calendar you have to choose "Google Calendar" EVERY time you enter a new event. This is too anoying for me. So....download the calander app "Jorte". It works well and lets you always sych with Google Calendar by default.

Journeyman

Is there a way to sync multiple Google Calendars to the Epic.  I found that only one would sync?

Also is there a way of transferring a lot calendar data?  Only one month of old data transferred.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat