cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After 2.2 OTA update, my Epic no longer receives/sends texts/calls reliably

Highlighted
Journeyman

Now that my Epic got the OTA update to 2.2, it no longer receives/sends calls or texts consistently.

I took it to Sprint service center - they "wiped" the phone and re-installed 2.2. As well they performed some kind of other maintenance on it today, but I still have the problem!

Now the folks at Sprint are telling me that I have to wait for a 2.2 "update" to fix all the software problems caused by 2.2.1

So I basically have a phone that doesnt perform basic functions like making phone calls or sending texts

I have been a Sprint customer for over 12 years, and consider myself quite loyal, but basically I am now paying for phone service that is spotty at best, and the only thing they can do is point to the folks at Google and tell me I have to wait to get my phone back in good working order???

I really loved my Epic until last weeks OTA update

This is terrible customer service

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

I am still on 2.1 and finding I am missing texts and a few calls this past week as well. Wonder if this is a network issue somehow?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I live in SoCal - are you able to send texts or just unable to receive?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'd say it's terrible. Why didn't they just wipe the whole phone back to original state and reload the update?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have been up and down the eastern seaboard this week.  Mostly it is receiving though a few missed sends, also a few failed outbound calls but I attributed them to a busy cicuit.

Highlighted
Journeyman

the phone did get "wiped" but they cannot revert to 2.1 once 2.2 is applied. Not sure why. I was advised to simply wait until a patch is available.

Not good customer service

I'm in SoCal, and have a co-worker experiencing some issues with a (non-Android) VirginMobile phone - same type issues, i.e., some texts not being able to be sent. Now I am thinking it MAY indeed be a network issue instead, although it is quite a coincidence that this all happened within hours of the OTA update.

VOBGUY1 - thanks for replying. I see a lot of reported problems with 2.2, but I havent seen anyone else with same problems until you.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm in San Diego and have horrible text lag the past few weeks.  It will be up to 20 minutes before I receive a text and, many times, I won't receive one until I send one first.

Highlighted
Journeyman

OTHAN1, has is the conneciton in your area? Do you get 3G or 4G? Any drop in the connection?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat