cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazingly Upset

Journeyman

Amazingly Upset

First I will point out the problems with my phone. 

*I updated to 2.3, and now my GPS does not function properly.  I turn it on, and it can't locate a signal.  I have to restart the phone, then it will find a GPS signal immedately, then it will lose it after 10 or so minutes.  This is really aggravating to try and travel somewhere new.  I bought a phone with this ability, and I should be able to use it. 

*My phone randomly restarts, or shuts down, or freezes.  Sometimes I will look at my phone, and notice that it is off.  I will hit the power button, and it will turn on.  I didn't shut it off, so I don't know how that happened.  When it turns out I usually have more than half of my battery life left.  Other times I will be using my phone, and it will just freeze up, but with the screen off, and then I have to pull the bettery to get it started.  Other times I will be in the middle of doing something, and suddenly does some sort of weird restart.  It does not completely shut down, but the screen goes black, then lights up at the lock screen, and then starts loading media from the SD card.

*Recently I have been suddenly getting voicemail messages, but when I check the log my phone didn't ring.  Other times I will go a day without receiving a text message.  Then I will try to make a call, and it will say that I have no radios, then suddenly I will get bombarded by text messages that I have to received throughout the day.  I am missing work related calls and text messages, which defeats the purpose of having a cell phone.  If I can get my calls when they happen I might as well get a landline and a answering machine.  Why am I paying $80 a month for a service that does not work?

I am a Sprint Premier Member, but suddenly I can't get the one year upgrade anymore.  I bought my current phone with a one year upgrade, but now I can't do that anymore?  What is going on with that?  Then I notice that I can get upgrades every year if I am with the company for 10 years.  Well, I started with Nextel over 10 years ago, and I got brought over to Sprint during the buyout.  So I have been with the company over 10 years, but your records don't show that.  Why is it that I am receiving faulty products, and I am having services taken away?  Does Sprint not appreciate my 10 years of loyal service?  My brothers family is on a family plan with AT&T, and they have offered to let me sign up with them.  I am seriouly thinking about it.

4 REPLIES 4
Wizard

Amazingly Upset

BOARDMONKEY,

I'm sorry you're upset and experiencing issues with the phone. The GPS issue is something that has been reported after the update and we are investigating it; in fact I believe our device group is actively looking for samples of this occurring, if you're able to take it into one of our Sprint corporate repair locations. The second issue you're describing sounds like software issues, do you have any third party applications installed? Have you performed any troubleshooting since you started experiencing this issue? The third issue you're describing is blocked calls, which is network related usually as is the messaging issue, I would be glad to look into this personally for you if you would like, please send me a private message by clicking on my Calvin & Hobbes avatar and selecting send private message link on the top right; include your phone number of the device experiencing the blocked calls/text messaging issue. *Note: please do NOT post any personal information on this thread.

Regarding your upgrade eligibility, the upgrade program changed and there is a great FAQ page here detailing all of the changes and reasons for the change.

Journeyman

Amazingly Upset

My epic has only the gps issue problem only, thats it. Another wrinkle is when I went to the sprint store in Solon, OH and they tested my phone for gps and they said it failed on 12/23. They ordered me another phone and they never called me back.The 800 number to sprint told me that the phone was sent there on 12/27 and then it was shipped back to them, and they never contacted me at all about that and now its on back order. Solon OH sprint store thanks for nothing. Talk about insult to injury.

Journeyman

Amazingly Upset

Wow sounds like quite a bit of issues going on.  I know my Evo 3D started acting up freezing and restaring on its own (2 days ago) when I accepted this new update from sprint.  I am considering uninstalling the sprint update because I don't use twitter, peep etc.  I do use friendstream for Facebook, but generally I log straight onto facebook when I need it, don't use friendstream.  Perhaps you can take a look to see if you have downloaded anything 3rd party OR from sprint.  I am starting to see that not every update (not even from sprint)  is good for the phones.  Good luck.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Amazingly Upset

I feel your pain, on the same boat. My solution leave Sprint! though have to wait contract expiration.

Both the network where I live is useless and my Epic performance is very disapointing.

LC

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat