cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 2.2 - continuation from locked threads

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Android 2.2 - continuation from locked threads

Can anyone tell me if these complaints are showing up on other Sprint threads or have they all been moved to this one? I've also had posts removed for no good reason, btw.

In my opinion, Sprint has written off those of us who care about these issues. We're considered expendable and troublemaker geeks because we want more. I saw the same thing happen with Eastman Kodak decades ago when they decided that their professioinal customers were just a pain in their you know what, so they concentrated all of their marketing and R&D efforts on pleasing the masses which was over 95 percent of the market. Then along came Fuji who knew the value of professional endorsements. By the time Kodak lost their lock on National Geographic photographers, their magic was gone and they lost market share everywhere.

They were once the world's most reconizable brand and today they're close to closing and I blame a lot of it on their neglect of the customers who made them great, the top five percent who wanted them to be their best. Sneaker manufacturers get it. You get the masses by kissing up to the pros and in this case, the geeks are the pros.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can anyone tell me if these complaints are showing up on other Sprint threads or have they all been moved to this one? I've also had posts removed for no good reason, btw.

In my opinion, Sprint has written off those of us who care about these issues. We're considered expendable and troublemaker geeks because we want more. I saw the same thing happen with Eastman Kodak decades ago when they decided that their professioinal customers were just a pain in their you know what, so they concentrated all of their marketing and R&D efforts on pleasing the masses which was over 95 percent of the market. Then along came Fuji who knew the value of professional endorsements. By the time Kodak lost their lock on National Geographic photographers, their magic was gone and they lost market share everywhere.

They were once the world's most reconizable brand and today they're close to closing and I blame a lot of it on their neglect of the customers who made them great, the top five percent who wanted them to be their best. Sneaker manufacturers get it. You get the masses by kissing up to the pros and in this case, the geeks are the pros.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sorry folks. The system kept telling me that it had refused my post and it apparently posted it a few times when it told me it hadn't.

Highlighted
Journeyman

That's quite a good comparison.

The "Advanced Service Rep" that I spoke to yesterday didn't get the memo about not giving upgrade info.  According to this "Advanced Service Rep" (Who couldn't quite grasp that I had Froyo on my phone already ~ yeesh do these guys do ANY training?) he told me that 2.2 was actually SKIPPED because of the issues it was causing with the Epic hardware, and "the update that (we) can EXPECT to see during the last week of February will actually be GINGERBREAD".

My kingdom for a call recording app at that moment....

Highlighted
Journeyman

That's quite a good comparison.

The "Advanced Service Rep" that I spoke to yesterday didn't get the memo about not giving upgrade info.  According to this "Advanced Service Rep" (Who couldn't quite grasp that I had Froyo on my phone already ~ yeesh do these guys do ANY training?) he told me that 2.2 was actually SKIPPED because of the issues it was causing with the Epic hardware, and "the update that (we) can EXPECT to see during the last week of February will actually be GINGERBREAD".

My kingdom for a call recording app at that moment....

Highlighted
Journeyman

If the case is "if" Sprint releases 2.2 (or any updates), I want to know about a class action lawsuit to get a phone I was promised and told was imminent. Does anybody have a law background?

Highlighted
Journeyman

as you can al see several posts from the no longer existing page 25 were removed, why? most of the were suggesting people to root or rom their epics. remember doing such modification in addition to the risk of damaging the device will allow the user to enable features that sprint charges additionally (for example: wifi tether). still I may alter the phone to get such promised benfits that would be obtained with 2.2 since we with premium phones are paying premium data, so why not get full advantage of what the phone is capable of doing for the $80/month I am billed for. lets wait until 21st , I have hope that ginger will be given to us for the whole delay.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I hope you recorded that conversation that way you have something to come back on them with...as for babelfish..im sorry man i didn't fully grasp what you said before i posted and am sorry for that.  We will see what this month brings if samsung can possibly wake up and deliever something to its customers other then hey buy our new phone (which wont happen).

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just the mention of class action lawsuits will automatically have your post removed.

I had a post mentioning the class action suit against T-mobile for not releasing Andriod 2.2 for the Galaxy S.  A day later, the update was released.  All indications are that the update is a all it is said to be,  is stable,  with no bricking. Speculation was that the update was ready to go a long time before release.  However T-mobile and Samsung were holding on to it because of ulterior motives.  It was released and the suit went away.

I never encouraged anyone to file suit against sprint/samsung for lack of update, and I made it clear that I had no intention of doing such myself.

Nonetheless, the post and replies to my post were removed.

Apparantly, the moderators are not fans of the first amendment to the constitution.  Clearly, they don't like free speech, freedom, or democracy for that matter.  Clearly my posts are not welcome here, so I might as well unsubscribe.

Lastly, if Android 2.2 is not released by Feb 21, my 10 year relationship with sprint will be over. I doubt that they the care.  However, I refuse to promote a business that is apathetic (or possibly despises) its costumers. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am afraid this is falling on deaf ears but here goes:

I bought my Epic on launch day, and anticipated froyo soon after as was indicated. I need flash on my phone and accurate gps. This is really just getting old, and now I have 4g in my area but if I use wifi while on 4g I have to reboot my phone to get 4g back? What the heck is goin on here? I had lockup issues with my prior samsung phone(Moment) so this is about all I can take. I have been stuck with this half-way complete 'project' of a smart phone that has so much promise with its hardware but no update! And there is no information either about whether any of these issues are even going to be fixed with an update. Couple this frustration along with the future removal of my premier status yearly upgrades and I am about done here with sprint...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Talking to my brother-in-law tonight who is a former employee I said someone spoke to an advanced service rep and he said that means its a level 2 person and not to high up.  However I would love to have gingerbread and just be on top of the curve and all, however I think the guy you spoke with was false.  If froyo was having problems on the epic then why does the screenshot on android central show an epic as ea17 and say 2.2.1 froyo on it?  Just something I thought I would point out.  Anyway like I said it would be nice to go right to gingerbread but time will tell in all of this right?  Just a few more days I hope.

Highlighted

I find that Sprint is acting like typical Sprint. No matter how much they say they changed. I got a call from their reps, looking to see if I needed extra lines, BAD BAD BAD English, and you know the drill. Well, she asked if I had any questions. I asked, "when will I get the Froyo software update." She LIED to me and said, "oh don't worry sir, it will be released next month." I kinda of had a WTF moment, when she said to do the servey and to give her 5 five stars.

Message was edited by: gothemknight1

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat