ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 2.2 - continuation from locked threads

Journeyman

Re: Android 2.2 - continuation from locked threads

So when did you get the notice to update?  What is the version under Settings->About Phone (Kernel?, Baseband Version?, Build Number?, Firmware Version?)  The OTA before it was pulled was 2.6.32.9, S:D700.0.5S.EB13, FROYO.EB13, and 2.2.1.

Journeyman

Don't remember exactly when.  Sometime last week. 

Firmware version 2.2.1

Baseband version S:D700.0.5S.EB13

Kernel Version:

Build Number FROYO.EB13

Hardware Version

D700.0.5

Journeyman

You must have been in the queue before they pulled it.  Looks like the EB13 that was initially released since I doesn't say 2.2.1a or 2.2.1update1.  This is not saying that it exists.

Does anyone know if the OTA and the OTW were basically the same?  Anyone that did the OTW having battery issues?

Journeyman

I upgraded OTW. Had a custom ROM, went back to stock and applied the update. The battery actually works better than it did with stock eclair. It would go dead after 6 hours of minimal use and now with pretty good usage (email, facebook, twitter, text messaging, phone calls, web browsing), my battery will last throughout the night.

Journeyman

Isn't it weird, how it works fine for some but not so for others? 

Journeyman

I think therein lies the problem, and the reason the upgrade is no longer available. I went for the clean install from absolute stock. Just like a computer, I never went for the upgrades as I always had problems with something. It's more work but everything works as it should (or better).

Journeyman

Cool. I'm glad you got yours working alright. Besides, you're more tech-savvy than most of the members here.

Journeyman

I got my phone on 2/21 after I heard they release the upgrade, I was waiting given all the problems reported on this forum.  I got the upgrade over the air within 4 hours.  No experience with 2.1,  2.2 has been great.  Everything works perfectly, although it took 1 day before my Google canlendar sync'd properly. I get a full day of heavy use on a battery charge, but cannot go a full day of constant use.  I installed Juice Defender from the app market and it does a good job with conserving the battery.  I have the EB13 ROM.  It certainly paid to wait, and I am very happy with the phone.  I only get 4G in a few places.

Journeyman

i have had the epic sence it was released, still waiting for the 2.2 update as i need flash. im not to confident on doing the update myself as some have done. i want to know why it is taking so long as samsung and sprint are releasing the nexus s with 2.3 gingerbread ? even my wife's evo has had 2.2 for some time now. dont tell me i have to get another phone just for 2.2. whats the deal sprint?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat