cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 2.2 update...Check out this BS.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Android 2.2 update...Check out this BS.

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones/SPH-D700ZKASPR#.   This is from the Samsung website.  They are advertising the Epic as having Android 2.2.  Imagine if someone purchased this phone based on that information. MUST be a typo.

samsung2.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Journeyman

How rude of them...so wen are the previous owners gonna get it...that is some true BS.

Highlighted
Journeyman

well this was actually posted on xda dev about an hour ago and maybe if you read the thread it was actually about any new phones being sold might just have 2.2 on them from stock since the update should be out soon mind u the same thing happened to the hero once the update was just about out to the public for the new android o.s. the new phones being sold came with the new o.s. already out the box. next time be original dont take a thread from somewhere else and not acknowledge where you originally got it from...   as u can see the person logged on the sprint websites name is christina..

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was at a suburban Chicago SPRINT store 2 hours ago to get a family phone repaired.  While there, I checked the DEMO Epic on display and noticed that it was running FROYO 2.2.    The salesman said that the latest batch of Epics they received just before Christmas all arrived with Froyo 2.2 pre-installed.  He then went on rant about the damage being caused by the fake FROYO's that people are downloading from various non-Sprint websites.  I assured him that I'm patient and will wait.  He didn't say directly that Sprint is dragging their feet on sending Froyo out to our phones, but that's the conclusion I arrived at after talking with him for awhile.

So..bottom the line is, Froyo is ready for Epic, and Epic is ready for Froyo.  Now, the ball is in Sprint's court.  Perhaps it could be some type of bandwidth issue that's causing the delay.   Does Sprint own its own network, or does it have to buy or rent time/bandwidth from some other carrier in order to get FROYO out to us?  Why the heck doesn't Sprint simply put a link to the update here in the Epic Support section of Sprint.com?  Doing the update via USB isn't something that could cause the average person to screw up their phone is it?   For that matter, Sprint could just put the FROYO Update in the SPRINT section of the Android Market and let us download/install it the way we do every other program.  Perhaps this whole FROYO saga (that's turning into a fiasco) is as simple as Sprint Corporate not being run by people who are in touch with the needs of the customer after the sale is made.   Have a safe and happy start to 2011 everyone!

-Allen in Chicago

Highlighted
Journeyman

I would say before you jump all over the person posting as being a thief from a website you should visit the samsung page for yourself much as I did and saw the very same thing on 2 of the pages of thier site.

@baturner

No it shouldnt mess up the average persons phone at all.  When I had the moment before the epic I hopped on the sprint site and upgraded to eclair just fine.  However when I did that it did wipe my phone. The instructions were very easy to follow and you just had to install some samsung updater program on your computer to do it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Chatted with Samsung Live Support rep.

She said the Epic 4G does have 2.2.

I informed her it doesn't.

She said the new ones are shipping with it & that she guessed that the old ones will receive an update.

I said "You guess? Really? That's not an awesome answer to give a customer who shelled out bucks for YOUR product."

So, long and short of it is: Samsung reps are as clueless as Sprint ones.

Boatload of awesome.

At least when they fail with the timely update to 2.3, we'll have a 2nd opportunity to use the joke: "Epic Fail."

Highlighted
Journeyman

I didn't steal it from a website, I was only on the Samsung website checking for updates ( same as every epic owner) and came across the advertisement for the phone. I have not seen the website you are talking about, and I did reference back to the Samsung website where I obtained the information. Next time don't be so rude.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat