Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Frustrating Sprint Decision--Gingerbread Update

Highlighted
Journeyman

Why would Sprint tell you the update is available, but it really isn't until the OTA update process is complete????  Another stupid decision that really makes zero sense.  I've been a customer for 10+ years and still do not have the update as of this morning.  If Sprint really cared they would go in order of their oldest customers.  It has now been 5 days and nothing from them.  Makes me continue to want to look elsewhere for service.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

The Google servers are distributing the update, not Sprint.

I imagine they sent out the notification saying the update was coming so people would know what it was when they get it. Other companies do the same thing...including non-phone hardware companies. I get a similar notice from Barnes & Noble when there is an update for the Nook Color....but that doesn't mean the update is available to me right then.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat