cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any former B-Berry people as disappointed as me with Epic?

Journeyman

Any former B-Berry people as disappointed as me with Epic?

OK, I admit it, I am a BB fan, but a fan that has always lusted after the things 'Droids and Iphones could accomplish - use the Web as a tool, apps, etc.

But, my business counts on me to be productive, and that means I need to use my device as an extension of my office - the ability to read and send e-mail quickly and accurately. On my BB, I can do about 20 words a minute, but put me on a touch screen and I am as useless as they come - my fat fingers and lack of precision ruins it.

That is why I was so excited about the EPIC -  a phone with a full-functioning QWERTY keyboard.

Unfortunately, those who designed the phone must have quit as soon as they tacked on the keyboard, because the interface tied to it must have been designed by people who've never had to type.

For example, while we have that big, vibrant screen, it is filled up with clutter to the point that the area in which I am to enter text is so tiny, it is unusable. The screen is 4X the size of my BB, but the usable space for typing text is one fifth! Try to resize and you will zap the message altogether.

Another thing - you have to go into the app to do basic things like FORWARDING a message. That is a basic business function that should be on top.

And what about the absence of spell check?

I am afraid I may be the first person to return his Epic, sadly. Had Samsung or Sprint put this in front of a dozen BB users for even a short time, they would have heard loud and clear that they came up short if they want to become a true alternative for the business user.

So much wasted potential! So Sad!

Message was edited by: firmani

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Any former B-Berry people as disappointed as me with Epic?

What??? no spell check?????  i haven't gotten that far yet; I switched from the BB tour 9630 to this phone, and i'm having a bad time.  I concur with all that you said...  for all the hype, this is a sad moment in time.

Journeyman

You are not the only one. Mine is going back tomorrow. The epic is a total waste of time. I'm sure it would be fine on another network but not for sprint. I have a fried that has the Galaxy on another carrier and his options are completly different than mine. Apps stink, battery is worse than the EVO. Email will not sync in real time. What good is this phone other than it looks good till the battery goes dead.

Journeyman

I too am frusgtrated with the Epic. I'm a Blackberry guy and appreciate it more and more each day because my email WORKS and I can quickly get around with ease and with shortcuts (ie. "a" to get me to my address book).

I think this phone will be going back soon. I need to be able to access my email, but on this phone, it either can't retrieve it, or if it does, it takes too long. Time is money for some of us who use it for business.

Android is not ready for business users.

MS

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat