cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to make screen light up when message comes in?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Any way to make screen light up when message comes in?

It's annoying that I can't set the screen to SHOW I have an incoming text message. Only the sound and the sporadic red light notify me. Any other way to change this?

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Master

Re: Any way to make screen light up when message comes in?

Download "ChompSMS" from the market, It is a much better texting app then the stock one. In the "Menu>Settings>Notifications>(Check)Screen Comes On" IT also has settings in the "Quick Reply" are settings to have a pop up window for 1 minute to allow quick reply even when the phone is locked.

It has many more customizing options the stock one lacks.

If you download and decide to use Chomp, Go into the stock messaging app and turn off all the notifications so you don't get notified by both apps when a message comes in.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Journeyman

OK, this is how I get the display to come on. Go to settings & turn off the flashing LED light. Then tun the ringer volume to OFF & when you receive a message, the screen will illuminate.  I hope that helps.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank u very much for your response but it's crazy that this would be the only way. No volume in order for my screen to light up. I would've thought the screen lighting up would be essential as the LED is not very effective. Is there any way to get a more effective LED, perhaps more colors or more frequent flash?

Highlighted
Master

Download "ChompSMS" from the market, It is a much better texting app then the stock one. In the "Menu>Settings>Notifications>(Check)Screen Comes On" IT also has settings in the "Quick Reply" are settings to have a pop up window for 1 minute to allow quick reply even when the phone is locked.

It has many more customizing options the stock one lacks.

If you download and decide to use Chomp, Go into the stock messaging app and turn off all the notifications so you don't get notified by both apps when a message comes in.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank u very much Levi4u. This is what I was looking for. It functions great but the only downside I see is all the advertising. Still, thanks.

Highlighted
Master

If you want to get rid of the adds, "Menu>Settings>Support Us" It is $4.95.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Handcent SMS is another app with similar quick reply feature.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat