Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone Auto-rotate problem?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi. Do you guys all update to froyo?

I did it yesterday. I didn't found other problems yet but got very serious problem on my epic.

When I rotate my epic horizontal to vertical or vertical to horizontal, it takes 4~8 sec(not kidding...) to rotate..

It is a little bit helpful auto(..:?!!)-rotate, when I shake or touch the screen. If I do those ways, it takes aournd 3 sec to rotate....

I compared with Fascinate(Verizon version)'s rotation speed. It takes less than 1 sec!!!

Is that only my problem? I googled it to figure out or get help from somebody but can't find any troubleshooting like me.

Let's share!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

Go to your system setting > display > horizontal calibration. heres the trick instead of placing the phone on a level surface face up you have to calibrate the phone face down. you might have to hold the phone under a table or desk for example, then calibrate. worked for me. let me know if it solved your problem.

Highlighted
Wizard

Wow, thanks for that tip!  I just gave it a try, because my auto-rotate seemed a little slow, too (about 3-4 seconds).  Much to my surprise, it worked.  After holding the phone against the bottom of my desk and calibrating, it's auto-rotating at more like 1 second.

On another note, after updating to Froyo, I found that I can rotate to landscape on both sides, with the slide-out keyboard edge to the bottom or to the top.  Anyone else have this happen?  I'm not sure if it's a bug or a feature.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wow Great!!! I also solved this problem. Great tip for me and Dronak01!!

I think rotating both sides is not a bug.. Fascinate and Korean Galaxy S also have same happen.

That is more helpful when you lie in ur bed! lol

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat