cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else having a problem with GPS lock?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Anyone else having a problem with GPS lock?

I used Google Navigation and the first time it worked great.  The second time I used it, it kept losing and then re-aquiring the satellite link.  Then today, I had GPS turned off while at work and when I got in the car, I turned it back on.  GPS signal could not be found.  I waited 10 minutes (I was outside, clear sky, no obstructions) and no GPS lock.  I turned GPS off and on severals times and continue to wait with no lock.  Finally, I powered off the phone, turned it back on and went straight to Google Nav.  GPS was acquired in about 5 seconds and maps worked great.

It seems to me that Samsung does not have the GPS issue fully resolved on the Epic.  I was wondering if anyone else had similar issues and/or is there a workaround (other than re-powering the phone).

133 REPLIES 133
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes I do, and I have tried probably everything to fix it including the workaround for a cold start.  Nothing seems to work.  GPS doesn't work, PERIOD.

Is Samsung EVER going to fix this?  This is very frustrating.

This phone is one of the most expensive android phones on the market.  Why can't Samsung address this issue on the Galaxy S phones?

Can a Sprint representative respond to this issue?  It is not right that your customers should have to put up with this defect!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

They're too busy making apps to reset your GPS settings to factory defaults to actually fix the issue:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/11/30/samsung-releases-gps-restore-app-for-captivate-and-other-galax/

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat