cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic On

Journeyman

Automatic On

My Samsung Epic turns itself on automatically during the day resulting in a drained battery.  Does anyone know how to disable this feature so I can control when I turn my phone on?

5 REPLIES 5

Automatic On

That's certainly not a feature of the phone. If it is happening then it would seem something is wrong with your phone.

Wizard

Automatic On

I would like to help you with your issue, could you give me any more details.

• Is it the device that turns on, or a feature of the device (like 3G/4G or GPS)?
  • Is there a certain time that this happens?
  • How long has this behavior existed?
  • Did you start to notice this behavior after a trip, installing an app or making a change of some kind?

Let me know of this or any observations you may have. -T.

Journeyman

Automatic On

Guru,

It is the phone itself that turns on, not a specific feature.  I have the phone connected to my office outlook account and I thought that might be the problem, however, I cannot find any way to change my outlook options.  Not pattern to when the phone turns on...I have been on an airplane when it just turned on for no apparent reason.

Thanks for your assistance.

Journeyman

Automatic On

I had the epic and never experienced anything like that. YO would first look at all your settings especially the screen timeouts and all of the display and phone settings. If not try reporting it to tech. If all else fails get a replacement. That's my advice.

Wizard

Automatic On

What software Build number is your Epic on? You can find this by tapping Menu > Settings > About phone > Build number. Would you mind replying in PM directly to me? I would like to give you call tomorrow so we can troubleshoot this further. If this is ok then in your reply please send me your Build number, the phone number for your Epic and a time I can call you tomorrow and Monday when we can talk. Please do not post your phone number to this forum. -T.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat