cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEWARE IF YOU UPGRADE YOUR CELL TO A NEWER SMARTPHONE

Highlighted
Journeyman

So for those wanting to leave Sprint due to the $10 fee to save money, have you seen what ATT and Verizon are offering?  Sprint's Everything Data 450 plan is $79.99.  ATT's 450 minute plan with data and text is $84.99, and that does not include the 7 PM nights and Weekends or the AnyMobile Anytime that Sprint offers. That's going to cost extra.  Verizon is $89.98 and they don't have AnyMobile Anytime or an earlier start time for Nights and Weekends. Both ATT and Verizon are limiting how much data you can use.  I don't know about you, but now that NetFlix works on my Epic, 2 gigabytes fly by within a week of usage.  I don't understand...you want to save money, so you are ditching the company with the best rates so you can go spend more money per month elsewhere.  Hate to say it, but every company is having rate increases, Netflix, BlockBuster, CenturyLink, etc.  My rates went up, but I'm still paying less than what I would elsewhere for decent service, and I'm just on the 3G network. Going forward, data is just going to be more and more prevailent-streaming HD movies, video conferences, high speed gaming, having everything from TVs to Toasters connect to the internet, etc, I'm glad I have a company that lets me use it without the meter running.

Journeyman

Re: BEWARE IF YOU UPGRADE YOUR CELL TO A NEWER SMARTPHONE

I think the biggest part about this that is making people mad, is that our plans already include the preminum data plan.  We are locked into those plans.  Changing our bill and charging us $10 more amonth for something we are already suppose to be paying for is the problem.  Here is the real part of the scam that is pissing me off.  Sprint does "upgrades" to the phone, changes the Nav program and the phone runs slower and slower.  Most of the time my phone is running so slow that i can even get it to answer a phone call before it goes to voice mail.  I can make a selection on the phone and literally count to 10-15 before anything seems to change on the phone.  I didn't ask for these "upgrades", but sprint gave them to me.  Now my phone is so slow, that it is almost completely unusable.  Solution, get a faster phone.....sprint solution...give me "upgrades" untill my phone is so slow that i have to upgrade to have a usable phone, then charge me for changing.  Feels alot like a setup.

Journeyman

I am with you.  I have a family plan and I just found out about this when a friend who recently purchased a sprint account.  When I called, I was told that everyone has to pay this fee.  I have an evo so I had to pay the 4g fee when I got it on opening day.  Purchased it full price so I did not change anything.  My 2nd phone is a piece of junk palm pre which the screen recently broke.  I am no going to pay two 10 dollar premiums on this account especially if the 2nd phone can not get 4g.  Sprint is quickly becoming the smallest provider and will lose everything if they do not make better choices.  If you remember they pulled the same stunts when 3g rolled out.  Charging 15 dollars per line for the 3g, but only if you had 3g on your account.  Sprint if your so worried about the T-Mobile and ATT thing, then you should provide links to the congress and FCC and any other government agency so people can help with the fight.  Do not screw your loyal customers over

Journeyman

Totally agree.  Long time customers should be rewarded for not changing to newer companies with amazing offers.

Journeyman

WELL IM HAPPY WITH WHAT I HAVE WITH SPRINT, BEEN WITH THEM FOR 7 YRS AND STILL NO COMPLAINTS. I UPGRADED TO AN SMARTH PHONE AND IS VERY PLEASED WITH MY CHOICE, AS FAR AS THE PRICING, SEE PEOPLE MESS UP WHEN THEY GO OVER THERE SPENDING LIMIT BY BUYING APPS INSTEAD OF GOING TO A SHARED SITE. IF ANYONE WANNA KNOW HOW TO GET THE FREE GAMES, MUSIC, WALL PAPER, ETC.... WITH OUT HAVING TO PAY MONEY OR CAN'T FIND IT IN THEIR DROID MARKET, HOLLA AT ME. I CAN HELP YOU WITH THAT.

Journeyman

I have been a customer for 20 yrs. But I have no complaints about the charge simply because I upgraded to a 4g phone and being a business owner I understand the need to upgrade the price as well. This is the first time they have ever just added a cost to my rate and they warned me prior to purchasing my Epic.

Journeyman

turn off the the auto updates.

Journeyman

please don't take this the wrong way, but I have been with sprint for 10 years this month and I didnt even know they had cell phones for 20 years!  I love my sprint. I have three phones on my account and I preordered the iphone 4s and cannot wait to get it.I hope I will not regret it for my evo 4g!!

Journeyman

I was an ATT customer for many years and recently switched to Sprint.  My reason for switching was because I was pay $88 a month for 700 anytime minutes with rollover.  The $88 did inclued $35 for unlimited data and $15 for 1500 text messages, unlimited mobile to mobile with ATT customers only and this inclued $10 discount with the company I work for.  However, if I wanted apps those were extra and free talk began at 9 pm or I had to pay $20 per month for it to begin at  7 pm.

So, far I am really happy with my new plan with Sprint.  I get much, much more for less money per month, even with the $10 fee.  

Journeyman

Owendward, I would understand also if it was a increase in price for a 4g phone, but this has nothing to do with 4g.  So if your current phone isn't 4g and the one you want isn't 4g then when you activate the new one, your bill still goes up $10.  It's a scam.

Journeyman

I say, beware of Sprint all together. My wife and I activated on 01/2010. The exact same time. Today we went to the store to get 2 new iphones, update and increase our plan and add the home phone. When we got to the store only one number was eligible for the upgrade. They are trying to force me to stagger my contracts inevitably. Now, I called the customer service department today and guess what??? I was hung up on 5 times. 3 times by supervisors. My wife is pregnant and due next month. They told me that she can upgrade in 5 days. She has already had contractions but when you are paying a company to say, "SO WHAT", please beware. I spent a total of 5 hours on the phone today and needless to say, I will be leaving this company ASAP. They have good people working for them I think. But when this is only the second phone call since establishing services, they did a wonderful job at saying so what. So what that your wife is pregnant, so what if she has an emergency, so what you want to cancel, so what you feel that your payment helps pay our bills. Good luck for anyone that is needing help because the only thing I knew what to do is contact the BBB.

Journeyman

The truth of the matter is if you have a plan that includes everything, then you should not have to pay extra for something that is already included. You can not go into a court room asking for $10.00 extra for something that is already included or the judge will toss you out! It's considered defrauding the public!

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.