cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEWARE IF YOU UPGRADE YOUR CELL TO A NEWER SMARTPHONE

Journeyman

BEWARE IF YOU UPGRADE YOUR CELL TO A NEWER SMARTPHONE

I will also have to agree. I have been a customer for 11 years. I have the “$129 Simply Everything Family Flan” with 5 lines. Always like Sprint, always recommended to friends and family, and never had a problem until yesterday. I had the HTC hero in my main line that I used for almost two years, until I recently upgraded to the new iPhone. While I wasn’t happy with the $10 dollar fee I agreed to it and upgraded anyway. Since I got the new iPhone I noticed the internet speeds are terrible compare to my HTC Hero. SIRI half of the time will tell me “It’s having trouble connecting to the network”. When I get that error I noticed also I cannot surf the internet, and restarting the phone seems to bring the internet back, but with the same sluggish speeds. So I’m paying $10 dollars more for worst service, not good. To add insult to injury, yesterday I called Sprint to activate my old HTC Hero in one of my other lines just to be told that I have to agree to another $10 dollars a month for my old phone that I was not paying the fee before.  This really got me angry, I thought this fee only apply to new contracts, but according to the Sprint manager I talked to on the phone, it applies to any smartphone regardless of contracts or if either the phone is new or old. You can imagine my surprise when I heard this, especially when I signed this contract last year and there was no talks about the $10 dollar fee. I thought the reason for having a contract is that both parties in the contract need to abide by it, according to Sprint you, we, the customer do, but not Sprint. So I couldn’t activate my old HTC Hero, because I did not agree to the $10 dollar unfair charge. This my friends is how you lose a faithful 11 years old customer in 10 minutes. Really disappointed, really angry, I’m returning the new phone this week and wait until 3 of my five line contracts expired next year to cancel everything and move on to smaller carrier, since AT&T and Verizon is not any better. I still appreciate the 11 years of great service, is disappointing that it has to end this way.

Journeyman

Re: BEWARE IF YOU UPGRADE YOUR CELL TO A NEWER SMARTPHONE

I dont have it on my blackberry ...DUH

Master

Only because your grandfathered in without the fee, If you were to activate that same phone today you would incur the fee.

cheryl3344 wrote:

I dont have it on my blackberry ...DUH

Journeyman

They want $10 a month for 24 months...very close to my cancelation fee if I decide to shut the account down today.  I'm plan shopping right now.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat