cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth problems since Gingerbread update

Highlighted
Journeyman

Since the wonderful(sic) Gingerbread update Bluetooth is either non-existent or spotty as well as poor battery life.   I now have sprint, samsung and Toyota talking together to try to resolve problems of 3 weeks.   Since from these discussions about Gingerbread there seems to be unresolved issues with the update, I may try to organize a movement to force sprint to make older software available until issues with update are resolved and to make the update optional until the problems are fixed.   Since the phone is unusable in a car in NY as well as many other states, I believe that if sprint does not resolve this issue in a timely fashion they can be considered in violation of their contracts and might be forced to allow contracts to be canceled w/o penalty and for refunds to be made.   All of our legislators use cell phones and I believe will be sympathetic to the problem of phones no longer working(that previously worked) due to no fault of the consumer and the arrogance of a company that refuses to make updates optional until ALL bugs have been fixed.   I would prefer to stay with sprint but not if i can't make a simple phone call legally from my car.  ps the car is a 2011 with only 3000+ miles on it and the samsung representative had the nerve to say it's the cars problem for not keeping up with software updates!!!  The attitude of sprint and samsung has been to blame everyone else for the problems they have caused and to basically We are sorry but there is nothing that we can do.   I find this to be an unacceptable attitude and it is Sprint's responsibility as our carrier to resolve these issues.  Any Comments or ideas, please post

15 REPLIES 15
Sprint Employee

Re: Bluetooth problems since Gingerbread update

Please tell us more about the problems that you are having with bluetooth, and when you performed the update did you reset the phone, or remove the car's bluetooth partnership?

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

After update phone got quirky , batteries dying, swype in other language, and Bluetooth intermittent.  was told by sprint help to bring phone to "official sprint repair center" to have phone flashed and refreshed.   due to errors in your website the sprint tech sent me to a third party store.   after playing with phone and flashing it, he could not get Bluetooth or 3g to work at all.   He told me he would reorder phone for exchange but it was backordered and sent me instead to a "real" sprint repair center.   when i got there instead of replacing phone he wanted to play with it and then stated since he got bluetooth to work with his headset their was nothing wrong and unless i left phone with him to "play with it more" he wouldn't exchange the phone and that since i went to a third party store it really wasn't sprint's responsibility to do anything they said.   I then called that night and was told i would have a new phone sent to me with gingerbread correctly installed from factory which should resolve my issues.  He also said he would send a replacement face screen since the one i had was damaged by all your tech's playing with my phone.   they sent me the phone w/o the screen and w/o the update installed as promised.   i asked then not to install update and was told i no longer had that option.    my bluetooth no longer connected.   i removed entire phone history from car , changed names and did fresh installs to no avail.   I was then told to reset phone to factory spec and low and behold it now connected again.   a couple of days later after i changed the battery (i have a separate charger and change them frequently whenever they are exhausted) the gingerbread was back in and the blue tooth no longer worked no matter what did.   when I called yet again about the issue i was put on a threeway call with samsung rep who basically threw sprint and toyota under the bus and said it was their problem and then sprint tech called back later to say i sympathize but there was nothing they could do.   those are both unacceptable answers and i will not take this lying down and will keep working to get this resolved and if needed by legal means.

Sprint Employee

Thank you for responding. after updating did anybody suggest that you perform a factory reset in attempt to alleviate the problems? if the store tech could pair/connect to/use Bluetooth that should be a solid indication that Bluetooth is functional. what is going on with Bluetooth that would have you label it intermittent? The service and repair centers (be they corporately owned, or owned by an authorized third party ) do not have an option to order a replacement phone with out of date software, the warehouse will ship all devices in order in which they were received, once they have exhausted phones with EC05 they will ship only devices with EI22.

Journeyman

did you even bother to accuratly read the previous reply?????  I stated that i did a factory reset, it corrected porblem for a about 36 hours then it stopped working again as swoon as updates came through.    so again....what is the resolution other than going back to a working system until bugs are out of gignerbread.   i need sprint to stop forceing updates against my will

Sprint Employee

I apologize, I had overlooked that in your previous response to the question. so are you saying that you had factory reset then reverted back to EC05 and at this point the phone worked until it updated again to EI22? when Bluetooth stops working what symptoms do you see?

Journeyman

after factory reset it paired and car saw Bluetooth,   after about 36 hours when i changed batteries the Bluetooth no longer was recognized by car( it pairs with car but car can't see it, it says blue tooth connection unsuccessful, when i checked version of software it was now ei22.  i cannot wait months while your company resolves this issue . it has already been 3 weeks without full service of my phone and i will have to switch carriers and get a phone that works correctly.   I don't understand the arrogance of your company that when you have a problem like this you don;t have a way of making the update optional until problem is resolved and stop shoving the update down my throat!!...ps since up date battery runs out of charge twice as fast and speech function keep getting server busy error message as well.   I believe this update has a lot of bugs and since i use this phone as an emergency contact for my patients i chose not to be part of your BETA test of this update .   Get it working correctly and i will be glad to use it but for now let me go back and stop updating me!!!!!!!

Sprint Employee

Which batteries were changed at the 36 hour mark? This was not a Beta software release, this was a final release. I have not spoken to anybody else with trouble connecting to paired devices since updating.

Journeyman

i have 2 batteries i rotate into phone when charge is out,   please refer this to someone higher up in the foodchain than you since if you haven't heard about other people having bluetooth and battey issues since gingerbread update you are not really up to date on the issues with this phone!, and it should take ove 2 days to respond to an email post

Journeyman

Hi....Just wondering if you were ever able to resolve this issue.  I recently updated my phone and am now experiencing the same problem.  Im so frustrated!!!

Journeyman

spent 3 hours Sunday at sprint reset phone then after upgrade it worked for a bit then stopped again.   sprint's official answer is that it's your car's responsiblity to update to match there phones and that Bluetooth is not an essential part of phone operation and that as long as you can make and receive calls they consider the phone working and you are F#$%ed.  I am now contacting my state senator to make an official complaint about the way this is being handled.  As the saying goes"there ought to be a law",  i.e. there should be some sort of ruling that the car manufacturers and the cell phone companies must use a common standard so that the can't tell you a 2 month old car is outdated.

Sprint Employee

I apologize for the delay in responding, if you click on my ID I have listed general hours that I post in the community, but more often than not my primary responsibilities keep me away from the website. First, Almost everybody that I have spoken to tell me they have noticed the same, if not better battery life. Do you have any task killer, or security software installed? When you had changed batteries were you within range of your Bluetooth car kit? If so did you shut of the car’s BT transceiver before powering your phone off?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat