ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth problems since Gingerbread update

Wizard

Re: Bluetooth problems since Gingerbread update

I believe RC1024 is spot-on in his question about downloaded apps on your device. The reason I believe this is that you stated your bluetooth worked after a hard reset until the software updated again. The truth is that all Android updates are retained through a hard reset, meaning that your phone software did not actually update after the reset. I believe you likely reinstalled an app that worked fine on Froyo but has conflicts with the Gingerbread platform. This type of compatibility problem has been reported over and over again by customers using certain task killers or security software causing, among other things, a drastic decrease in battery life. I understand you also have this battery life issue, furthering this suspicion. To confirm this, try uninstalling all after market apps and powercycle the phone. Then, test your bluetooth. If the problem still occurs, try performing another hard reset via Menu > Settings > Privacy > Factory data reset. Be aware all data stored in your device memory will be lost. Once we're dealing with a clean slate, the bluetooth will likely start working (like it did after the last hard reset). The big question is, what is actually to blame for the issue. I can't say with absolute certainty, but in the instances I've seen, it's been anti-virus or task killers that cause this compatibility issue with Gingerbread. I hope this helps!

-Donnie

Highlighted
Journeyman

i already unloaded all apps and undid all updates to see if that was the problem but it did not resolve blue tooth issues.   the phone still pairs to the car but the car can't see phone

Journeyman

I too have been having numerous bluetooth issues since the upgrade to Gingerbread.  I have no task killers or security software installed.  My phone used to connect immediately and seamlessly to paired devices.  I would switch between my headset and car at least twice a day with no issues at all.  Now the biggest difference is the previously paired devices don't even show up in the settings.  Here's how I check...go to settings>wireless and network>bluetooth settings.  When I have a problem connecting, the "Bluetooth devices" section is empty.  Even after selecting "Scan devices" they are not found.  I can't find any fix and just have to wait and hope they show up.  They usually do but I have no idea why.  Already done a hard reset with no third party apps installed with the same result.  A power cycle seems to have no effect either.  They either show up immediately like before or I just have to wait until eventually the list is populated with my paired devices and I know I can connect.

Journeyman

Bluetooth problems since Gingerbread update

I am having the same problem as fixseeker since the Gingerbread update.  Also, my bluetooth car kits (Jabra Freeway and Motorola Roadster) no longer announce the callers name, just the number.  My friend also has an Epic 4G and has experienced the same problem with other car kits and headsets.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat