cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new Samsung Epic stopped working.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Brand new Samsung Epic stopped working.

I bought this phone on Monday night at a ready now store.  Seemed fine until last night (Wed.).  I left it for a couple hours after switching it off.  When I came back, on/off didn't work.  I could get nothing.  Thought it might be out of battery time so plugged it in, still nothing.  Tried to call it while it was plugged in, still nothing.  My call went to voice mail after several rings that the Epic didn't acknowledge.  Now it's morning, it's been plugged to charger all night, still nothing.  What happened and how do I fix it?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Brand new Samsung Epic stopped working.

Called Sprint tech support.  Removed battery and reinserted it, phone started working.  He'd 'never heard of this happening before'.  It's working now.

Highlighted
Journeyman

At a high level, this idea of removing the battery for a minute, re-inserting it, then powering back on seems to fix just about every weird problem I've ever had with a phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Good Afternoon,

I had a similar issue with another device and nothing worked which I've read already. I believe you may have already rectified this issue but here goes. I am unfamiliar with the jargon or name of a "ready store" however you may call that store which you made the purchase from or call Sprint if it was delivered to you by them. Phones like the Epic may have issues just like home computers but your phone requires immediate attention!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah, removing/reinserting the battery seems to be the wireless industry's answer to "Ctrl-Alt-Delete".  LOL!

I'm sure glad that the idiots in charge of these things seem to think this is an "acceptable" solution to their poor design issues.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, phones are like computers, how often to you shut down your computer? And your phone? Its amazing that any phone can go without critical error for as long as most people keep them on. I know if I don't shut down my computer every now and then, eventually there will be memory leaks and hampered CPU usage. However you make a phone that reboots it's self and its a design error, you make a phone that has to turn off ever and that too, is a design error? Its not amazing that performing simple actions that are recommended with any electronics like power cycling a device would fix most issues, that usually would crop up with issues that can happen when you don't preform that basic maintenance.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat