cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CEASING THAT INFERNAL RACKET (CAMERA SHUTTER SOUND)

Highlighted
Journeyman

CEASING THAT INFERNAL RACKET (CAMERA SHUTTER SOUND)

This may be a helpful topic for anyone who is as frustrated as I was about the "silent" option being removed from the camera shutter sound menu.

(I think this was first removed in EI22 release (?) and it is definitely still absent in EL30 release)

*** DISCLAIMER - USE AT YOUR OWN RISK ***

For anyone already familiar with installing the GPS_FIX this is a piece of cake.

(If you are not already familiar with the GPS_FIX process, then you may want to begin by reading post #294 in the "Gingerbread GPS Issues" thread)

Do a Google search for "Completely Silent and no Low Battery Limit" and find the appropriate .zip file.

Place that .zip file on your SD card, just like you did for GPS_FIX.zip

Now follow those same steps (Odin, custom recovery, etc) outlined for flashing the GPS_FIX.zip, except this time use this other .zip instead.

Voila!

I have to say that (so far) after installing the EL30 update, and then going back and re-applying GPS_FIX, and now applying this camera silent option, that my Epic now seems to be doing everything I would want it to do. So far, no complaints. Your mileage may vary...

Completely Silent and no Low Battery Lim

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat