ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Fail

Journeyman

Camera Fail

Every time I try to use my camera the screen goes back and forth between black and the camera view.  Eventually it will just give me an error message of "Camera failed."  When I use other camera applications it works fine and I can take pictures.  Anyone else have this issue?  The camera has worked great until this afternoon.

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Camera Fail

Have you tried to re-set the camera from inside the camera app? settings/tools/page2/reset  or gear/wrench/page2/reset

Journeyman

Camera Fail

Well now the problem has changed.  When I open the camera app it gives me the straight. "Warning: Camera Failed" message.  I have no opportunity to open the camera settings or anything.

Journeyman

Re: Camera Fail

I'm not sure what is up with your camera but, there are some general fixes you can try.

1st try a soft reset of the phone. Power off the phone then take out battery for 5min. Put battery back in. Turn power on and see what the camera does.

2nd would be to format your SD card (lots of talk about doing this to fix various problems) Create a new folder on your computer and copy your whole SD card to that folder. Then delete everything(folders and all) from the SD card (careful to make sure that you leave the copied files on your PC intact) Only clear out the SD card. (TIP---its best to use a card reader to do this.) Then put the empty SD card back into the phone and re-boot. The phone may ask if you want to format the card,say yes. then re-boot again and try camera once more. If everything works now, you can copy everything back to the SD card from your PC

3rd would be to do a factory re-set of your phone. (you will loose everything on your phone that you didn't back up) This is most likely the 1st thing that a tech would do if you took it to a repair shop.

Good Luck

Message was edited by: RSPC

Highlighted
Journeyman

Camera Fail

I'm not sure how or why, but my Epic did a PRL update on May 12th....and now the camera & gallery are messed up.  When I take a pic, the screen stays black and never shows my pic.  Then the camera app closes.  When I go to my gallery, it is very slow loading, and when I try viewing a pic it freezes.  When I try deleting a photo, it freezes as well. 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat