cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get a refund on my $10 a month Premium Data charge?

Journeyman

Re: Can I get a refund on my $10 a month Premium Data charge?

So whats the answer a class action lawsuit??

Journeyman

Sprint as of today, let me out of my contract, with NO ETF. I had to go through the BBB and FCC.

Journeyman

Remember, all of the carriers charge the $10 for smartphones, regardless.

Journeyman

Let me share my story .. I'm with Sprint for about 12 + years now, I was MORE or LESS happy with their service since I was paying less than their competitors, I had DATA plan before and was using Blackberry Bold for past 2 +years, in October 2012 my contract expired and I upgraded to Samsung SIII end of November 2012 thinking that still they are charging less than their competitors, BTW I have 3G service and while upgrading I specifically asked the representative over phone that is there any change in my plan and her answer was NO; after getting my first bill last week I see that 'Premium Data add-on charge' of $10 was added in each line, now when I call them they DO NOT HAVE PROPER EXPLANATION saying 'you are using better smart phone (smart phones were not SMART enough before) than before that is why you have to pay extra $10, which was grand fathered in since you did not pay for that before' .... I am talking them BBB for FALSE ADVERTISING and LYING ..... I know as a company they are NOT DOING WELL and going DOWN HILL and if they do cunning business tricks like this they are going to loose more customer and eventually GO OUT of BUSINESS..... BYE BYE Sprint ..

From a loyal Customer

Journeyman

ArpsM, I understand your frustration. Especially, when you don't have the LTE coverage. However, that $10 Data Plan fee is charged by all the carriers. Sprint is in the process of upgrading their signals, which means soon we will all have LTE coverage and a better 3G coverage in all areas. It's just we have to hang in there. 

Journeyman

robbiedoo2001: It is how they are charging the fee, I'm NOT a heavy user of data so with other carrrier I can limit my data and pay comparable price with better service. I'm sticking with Sprint because I was paying less for an over average service, which I was happy with. If they would have told me upfront I could have checked the difference and stay with sprint or go to other carrier. Keep in mind I'm with Sprint for 12+ years ...

Journeyman

I know I loved EVERY SINGLE MINUTE of switching my line to another carrier yesterday. It was actually fun. More people should try it.

Journeyman

I know I loved EVERY SINGLE MINUTE of switching my line to another carrier yesterday. It was actually fun. More people should try it.

Journeyman

Journeyman

Journeyman

Highlighted
Journeyman

I understand ArpsM, but there is no such thing as controlling or limiting data price. Like I mentioned before the $10 is charged by ALL carriers whether the customer likes it or not. As for limiting your data usage, that is up to the individual. I was with Verizon for 14 years and I'm glad I moved to Sprint because I was paying 50% more for half of what I'm getting here. It was a personal choice that I made and I cannot force it upon anyone. People do their own research and make their own choices. Whatever works for you, my suggestion would be to go for it.

budo1981, for some unknown reason when posting messages the Forum does not update automatically. The visitors end up pressing the "Submit" button a few times, which results in multiple posts of the same message. You may remove all but one by deleting them, which will give you the same runaround. Every time you delete a message press F5 or Refresh Page to see if it has been deleted. As for the switching, good luck!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat