cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access the marketplace?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had this problem before the update, but found a workaround online. I can't access the Android Marketplace because a window pops up asking me to enter the word on the screen.. then it asks for me to sign in with a youtube.com account, but it doesn't work. Can't change the account for log in purposes, it only displays the youtube.com account name.  The previous workaround involved going to Menu, Settings, Applications, Manage Applications, selecting "Market" and then erasing the data for the app. Then I'd have to close out and try to get into the marketplace.  On the second attempt it would open the market as usual. Since the gingerbread debacle I can no longer erase the data for Market app.. Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Hello VDUBPIG1, I'm sorry to hear of your trouble, if you have already tried to clear the market, and  then I would suggest trying a factory reset, since it's asking you to enter the CAPTCHA letters, have you gone here from your computer?

No longer working Community Response.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Mine did the same thing this morning, not sure why, but think it has somethign to do with the YouTube app installed.  I resolved it this way, your phone may be different menu titles but suspect you can do the same:

Go to your phone's Menu ----> click Settings--- Click "Accounts & Sync" ----> In the menu list there will be the primary email you use on your phone, and surprisingly, there is one email@youtube address the Market is attempting to force you to use.   Click on the youtube email and it pulls up the option to delete.  As soon as I deleted mine I could get back into market without that stupid login.  

Highlighted
Wizard

Thanks for sharing. I've never seen that, but I will definitely keep an eye out.

-Donnie

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat