cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Receive Calls after 1/19 - Samsung Epic™ 4G Software Update - EL30

Journeyman

Thanks so much! That worked after several days of not being able to answer my phone.

Journeyman

Deleting the extra "reject with text" message seems to have worked, but I am still not feeling totally secure.  Interestingly, the reject message that took me over the five max seems to have come from somewhere besides me.  I don't recall what it said (it was late last night that I was reading this thread), but it did not make any sense to me and was definitely not something I had added.  Perhaps it came in the upgrade or previous.  Anyone else have a strange "reject with test message" that they know they had not created??  The original five came with the phone. 

Anyhow, fixed now, THANK YOU to the genius who figured this out.  I WAS NOT going to do a hard reset.  Very disappointed with the response from Sprint through out this.  My solution was to allow me an early upgrade to iPhone (too chicken to try new Samsung).  I said that I would pay the regulat upgrade price ($199) if they would just allow me to get out of this phone.  .  My argument was that if the only option to fix my Epic problem was to wipe phone and start from scratch, than it would be worth the hassle if it was new phone (the starting over, I mean).  More money for them (not to mention a satisfied customer), but they would not go for it. Oh, well.  Hopefully Sprint will be more customer-oriented in the future, or I'll be moving on.

Highlighted
Journeyman

EVERYONE! if you're having this problem were it force closes the call i have A soluotion just follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings.

2. Go to Call Settings.

3. Go to Reject With Message.

4. Press the Menu button and tap Delete.

5. Tap each box to place a check next to each message that you would like to  delete and tap the delete option

it worked for me it may work for you!

Journeyman

I had the same issue with my epic when I updated it and I decided to take it in to the sprint store and they fixed my phone by going into call settings on the phone and deleting all of my ignore with text messages

My phone is working normal now and couldn't be any happier with sprint

Journeyman

Re: Cannot Receive Calls after 1/19 - Samsung Epic™ 4G Software Update - EL30

I have been having trouble with one of my phones for over a week.  I was ready to go in and do a hard reset on the phone.  I googled the issue this morning, and it brought me directly to this page, with this answer.

For some one like me, who is not tech savy, you answer was very helpful, very easy, and I bow to you.  You have saved me so much time and hassle.  Thank you so very much for taking the time to post the fix. Sprint needs to hire you to trouble shoot for them, or at least give you a credit on your phone bill for keeping so many people from storming into their stores angry because their phones are not working.

You are a gem. !!! 

Journeyman

What in god's green earth is the difference between el29 and el30? Why do people have 29 and other's 30? My phone was updated to el29. My freaking issue Is I can't receive or make calls. I have tried that stupid non working fix of deleting the reject with messages which I haven't even used and even deleted all the stock messages and the issues still persist. Sprint you guys are awesome.

Medicman210vlh wrote:

I have been having trouble with one of my phones for over a week.  I was ready to go in and do a hard reset on the phone.  I googled the issue this morning, and it brought me directly to this page, with this answer.

For some one like me, who is not tech savy, you answer was very helpful, very easy, and I bow to you.  You have saved me so much time and hassle.  Thank you so very much for taking the time to post the fix. Sprint needs to hire you to trouble shoot for them, or at least give you a credit on your phone bill for keeping so many people from storming into their stores angry because their phones are not working.

You are a gem. !!! 

Sprint is the one that discovered the solution and posted it over a week ago. Other people just keep reposting what to do because no one reads the post where the fix is posted.

sagosto28 wrote:

What in god's green earth is the difference between el29 and el30? Why do people have 29 and other's 30? My phone was updated to el29. My freaking issue Is I can't receive or make calls. I have tried that stupid non working fix of deleting the reject with messages which I haven't even used and even deleted all the stock messages and the issues still persist. Sprint you guys are awesome.

You are in the Epic 4G forum. EL30 is for the Epic 4G. EL29 is for the Epic Touch 4G.

Journeyman

I followed your directions here moved all contacts to my SD card but the first thing the phone did once you started the factory reset was to erase the SD card so there goes my contacts that were not attached to my goggle account.  The phone does recieve calls now. Had to reupdate a few apps like Facebook.

MichaelCG123 wrote:

I followed your directions here moved all contacts to my SD card but the first thing the phone did once you started the factory reset was to erase the SD card so there goes my contacts that were not attached to my goggle account.  The phone does recieve calls now. Had to reupdate a few apps like Facebook.

The factory reset should not touch the SD card. I've done many factory resets and never lost anything from the SD card. The factory reset should only affect internal memory. If you had read post 168 above...or one of the many others that repeated the original from Sprint, you wouldn't have had to do a reset.

Journeyman

Thanks so much!!!  This fix worked for me...so far!  I'm glad I checked here instead of wasting time and gas going into a store. 

Journeyman

Re: Cannot Receive Calls after 1/19 - Samsung Epic™ 4G Software Update - EL30

My problem started immediately after I added a call reject message, so when I saw your post, I knew instantly that this had to be the problem.  Sure enough, I deleted the one call reject message that I had added and then my phone went back to working as perfect as it had right before I tried to use the call reject with message.  Thank you, Thank you, Thank you... You saved me from a time consuming hard reset which would have created far too many additional issues, like updating contacts, re-installing applications, and personalizing my phone back to the way that I had it prior to a reset.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.