cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get MMS's on my Epic

Highlighted
Journeyman

Cannot get MMS's on my Epic

Hi is there anyone else that is having this problem? I receive the MMS's but when I make an attempt to download and view I get a screen thats says "Download of message was unsuccessful" any suggestions pleaseeee!

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: Cannot get MMS's on my Epic

MMS will not download on the Epic if you are using WiFi. Switching back to 3G should download your MMS messages.

Journeyman

Thanks for the answer on this one.  Although I didn't post a question for it I wondered why that was happening.  When I turned off the wi-fi, it came in fine.  Wonder if this is something they can fix in an upcoming maintenance release?

Master

Is this happening for all text messages or just picture mail? If it is picture mail, I believe it is because the picture mail comes from Sprint's servers and like all Sprint specific apps(like SprintTV) it needs to confirm you are a sprint subscriber they cannot do that but on the Sprint network.

Journeyman

It is doing this (only on MMS) as far as messaging on the Samsung Transform I bought today so it appears it's something with the way Samsung has the phone handle a WiFi connection and the 3G radio at the same time?

Friend with an EVO said it doesn't do this to him and I never had any problems on my Pre.

The Transform will not allow you to download any Sprint ID "packs" also when on WiFi which was answered in another thread as not being a bug.

Message was edited by: montanaxvi

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat