cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant' figure out how to link contaccts the way I want

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm new to the Samsung Epic 4G and I'm having trouble trying to link contacts the way I want.

I'm trying to create contacts for people at my car dealership, and link them under the car dealership.

1. I created a contact (saved to Google) for the dealership with its phone numbers and other information
  2. I created a contact for the sales man with his phone number and information.
  3. While I was in the salesman's contact I linked the dealership's contact.
    Now the contact for the dealership disappears form the list and everything is linked under the salesman's name. This is the opposite of what I want.
  4. So, I unlinked the two.
  5. Went into the dealership's contact and, while there, linked the salesman's contact.
  6. The same thing happened. The dealership's contact disappeared and it was all saved under the salesman's name.

I'll have multiple people, and I'll eventually forget their names. But, I'll remember the dealership. I want to have everything linked under the dealership, not the other way around.

Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

You need to unlock your Grouping option on your phone in order to view contacts in their respective groups.

In your Contacts area click on Menu > More > Display Options > Google (with your email address).....

Here you have an option to show contacts in the order you prefer.

Hope this helps 

Journeyman

Re: Cant' figure out how to link contaccts the way I want

I don't know if this is exactly what your looking for.

What I do is create 1 contact then go in and choose edit contact. While there I just add as many numbers as needed by just hitting the + sign. At the same time edit the "work,mobile,home" buttons choose custom and type in the persons name.

Sprint Product Ambassador

'Linking' is usually used to connect contacts from different sources so you don't have duplicates.

For example, I have my friend Alex in my Exchange contacts, in my Google contacts and as a friend on Facebook.  When I first set up my phone, I had three contact listings for Alex.  I 'linked' them and now show one listing for Alex with information from Exchange, Google and Facebook.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat