cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carrier IQ - Legal Repercussions

Journeyman

I have a smart phone for work purposes.  Work that is incidentally subject to Federal regulations about not disclosing data.  While Carrier IQ may not be an issue for some of you, for me, it renders my smart phone completely useless for work purposes.  Until I can figure out how to get rid of this, I can't use my smart  phone for anything work related and honestly that's at least 50% of the  reason that I have one.

I have a legal requirement not to disclose the data that I can access and view via my phone.  With Carrier IQ in place, I simply cannot meet the legal requirements to use my phone for work.  It is, in short, just as big a brick as if I dropped it in the toilet.  Worse, in many ways, because now I must make sure that everything work releated has been removed, shut off, deleted, or otherwise disabled so that there is no possiblity of accidental disclosure via your ridiculous spy app. 

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Wouldn't suprise if this app and others like it are part of the government's efforts to collect data on US citizens.  I believe the patriot act allows warrantless acquisition of wireless data.

We need to go to congress to get this kind of stuff illegal.

Journeyman

What is sprint calling Carrier IQ on the Samsung phone?

Journeyman

I am equally disgusted by the knowledge that this app may be lurking on my phone.  Encourage everyone you know to let their cell carriers, and congressional reps know how disgusted we are with this information. 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat