cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to Google Voice

Highlighted
Journeyman

Connecting to Google Voice

Has anyone else been having issues trying to get Google Voice App to recognize the phone number? Ran the app on my old Samsung Intercept and it loaded fine, but when I tried to load it on my NEW Samsumg Epic (LOVE this phone), it kept saying something like " number can't be verified" or something similair to that. Any suggestions or has this happended to anyone else.

Message was edited by: willbsmoove1

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: Connecting to Google Voice

Question: Is the Gmail account that you  have used on the Epic the same one connected to your Google Voice account? If not, it is likely that you will run into these issues.

Note: I am a Sprint Employee & a Samsung Epic 4G Product Ambassador; but mostly I'm a customer just like you

Journeyman

Is this only an issue with the EPIC? I've been running Google Voice on my wife's Hero since around last November. I have her Google Voice logged into my gmail account (so both our cells ring from a single GV number) and her phone logged into her gmail account. We haven't had a single issue.

Message was edited by: Grexx006

Journeyman

Thanks for the respons Navrau. Pretty sure it  is. I loaded the exact same app on my Samsung Intercept and followed the exact instructions and did not have any problems. I looked on the comments on the app page and seen that a few other people had the same problem.

Journeyman

Wanted to give everyone a new update. I call tech support last week and they are sending me out a new phone. A few hours after I hang up with tech support, my screen goes COMPLETELY DARK and has stayed that way since last week. I power it down, take the battery out and nothing. When it comes back on, it loads, the 4G title comes on, then it shows the Galaxy S logo and then the screen goes completely black. All the buttons stay lit up, but the screen stays completely black. Has anyone else had this issue.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat