ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Couple questions

Journeyman

Couple questions

Is there any way to delete Asphalt 5?  I can't seem to find it under the Manage Applications option.  I don't want it anymore and I can't get rid of it.

Is it possible to use the bluetooth function to be able to play music throught my vehicles speakers?  The car has the function because I can do it with my ipod touch through bluetooth.  I can't seem to find anything about it in the instruction manual.

Thanks for any help.

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Couple questions

I'll let someone else correct me if I'm wrong, but I dont think there is any way to delete Asphalt 5 unless you root the phone (since it is a preloaded app). Same goes for the other usual suspects - Nascar, Sprint Football, etc.

On your second question, I actually paired my Epic with a LiquidAux (Bluetooth device to play music through your car stereo) a couple of weeks ago and it worked flawlessly. Of course, when I first paired it, I didnt hear any music because the Media Player volume button was set to 'Mute'. Once I figured that out (duh!), Pandora has become my default player of choice during my morning and evening commutes. So I know that what you are trying to get done, can actually be done. (of course, your mileage may vary depending on the make/model of your car/bluetooth device).

Hope this helps.

Note: I am a Sprint Employee & a Samsung Epic 4G Product Ambassador; but mostly I'm a customer just like you

Journeyman

So I have to buy a device to be able to play my music through bluetooth, I just can't turn on bluetooth and it play from my phone to the vehicle?

Journeyman

No. I'm not saying that you need to buy the LiquidAux.Since my car stereo does not have bluetooth connectivity built in, I had to use an aftermarket bluetooth solution to stream Pandora in my car.

All I'm saying here is - what you are trying to achieve (streaming music from the Epic to your car stereo) can be done fairly easily by pairing the Epic with your car stereo.

If you have trouble streaming music / connecting the Epic to your car stereo, the problem is likely to do with your car stereo than with the Epic (maybe something to do with the bluetooth version or profile (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth_profile) in your car stereo)

Sorry I cant be of more help.

Note: I am a Sprint Employee & a Samsung Epic 4G Product Ambassador; but mostly I'm a customer just like you

Journeyman

I have been successfully streaming music and watching movies via my bluetooth stereo in my car since I got the phone back on 9/31.  I did notice, however that since I updated to DI07, the bluetooth functionality seemed to get a little flaky - it would connect fine and the sound on the phone would drop off but would be silent on the car stereo.  In order to fix it, I'd have to shut down bluetooth on the stereo and re-enable it.  This USUALLY would work, and if it didn't, I'd cycle bluetooth on the phone.  I have had a couple of instances where rebooting the phone was about the only way to get it stabalized.  I JUST got the new update - DI18 - so we'll see if it's any more stable.

Previous to the Epic, I had an Instinct and was also able to stream directly to the car stereo.  Admittedly, though, I didn't use Pandora nearly as much on that phone as it didn't multi-task very well (or at all).  About the only thing I ever streamed via bluetooth on that phone (besides phone calls) was my locally stored music.  Now, with the Epic, I rarely even touch my music folder - Pandora is pretty much all I listen to... unless, of course, I'm watching movies!

Were you able to pair the phone with your car stereo?  If so, are you able to make calls hands free (if your car stereo supports hands-free mode)?  For reference, I have a Sony MEX-BT3700U, which supports the A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile), HFP (Hands-Free Profile), and HSP (Headset Profile). http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/news-item.pl?mdl=MEXBT3700U&news_id=10

Hope this helps...

Gus

Journeyman

As a followup... DI18 is MUCH more stable with my bluetooth setup.  It's working flawlessly!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat