Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Mail Application not checking email

Highlighted
Journeyman

Default Mail Application not checking email

Hi,

I have configured 3 email accounts to be checked at different time intervals. They are all POP accounts. It seems to me that the default Epic Mail Program does not check my emails unless I manually do it. Anyone else have this same problem?

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
Journeyman

Re: Default Mail Application not checking email

Yes, I've had the same problem with POP email.  Sometimes, it syncs on schedule (currently set to every 5 mins), yet at seemingly random times, it may take several hours for emails to appear.  I check re-check the Incoming and Outgoing settings, and sometimes, it takes many minutes to establish a connection with the Incoming or Outgoing server, while at other times, this happens within seconds.  I've never had a problem syncing with my Exchange account, however.

Journeyman

Thanks for the input...what program are you using to sync with Exchange?

Journeyman

Hi 29er, I'm using Microsoft Outlook 2007 to sync with exchange

Journeyman

Hey Leejia,

I thought you were syncing from the Epic. I might go to Sprint and see if they know of any fix. Maybe the 2.2 will address this.

Journeyman

Hi 29er,

Sorry, I misunderstood.  Yes, I'm using the default mail software from the Epic to sync all my mail, including from my corporate Exchange server.  Works great being pushed from the Exchange server, but syncing is really spotty for POP email (Verizon).

Journeyman

Hi Leejia,

I think I found a workaround. I am using Advanced Task Killer and shutting down apps that I don't want running(Sprint apps, Amazon MP3, etc.). Since turning this back on, mail gets checked at the time its set for. I read that the Android OS is different on how RAM and apps behave from lets say Windows. But when this Task Killer is enabled, the default mail app works as its supposed to.

Please try it and let me know if you have the same result.

Journeyman

Hi 29er,

Thanks for the suggestion, but it hasn't worked for me.  I regularly use the resident Task Manager utility in the Epic to shutdown all apps that I'm not using at the moment.  However, I've not noticed any improvement in receipt of POP emails when all the apps are closed.  Based on your suggestion, I purposely closed all apps and left the phone unattended for three hours.  Not a single POP email came through, although many had been sent during this time.  I saw the Advanced Task Killer (ATK) app in the Android Market, but did not download, assuming that the resident Task Manager utility did the same thing.  Has it been your experience that ATK has allowed your email to sync, whereas the Task Manager has not?

Journeyman

Yes...use the ATK vs. the resident Task Manager. Mine is set to kill certain apps every half hour. Since using this, I have been consistently getting my POP mail today. The free version will not have the timed kill process, but if you send me your email, I will send it to you.

Journeyman

I am having trouble with POP email as well. it works  for a while, but then i have to reboot before it will pull mail again.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat