Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay in Home Screen Change of Orientation extending or retracting keyboard

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have seen some posts on this across the forums, but nothing has yet solved my problems.

I am on a recently-EC05-upgraded unrooted Epic 4G, and I have been experiencing significant delays (sometimes as long as 20 seconds) when changing the orientation of the home or other TouchWiz app screens when extending or retracting my keyboard.  I do NOT have a problem with orientation changes within any applications - these happen immediately.  I have also tried the upside-down calibration fix I've seen in other posts, and this does not seem to help.

Does anyone know how (or if) I can fix this problem?

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

I was having horrible lag issue after the EC05 update and installed a different launcher (Launcher Pro).  That seems to have fixed it so far.  I'm not sure why, but I think TouchWiz was the problem. Give that a try and see if it helps. 

Journeyman

Thanks for this - I'm now using Launcher Pro, and it seems to work.  Although I'm still concerned with why TouchWiz doesn't seem to work.

One follow-up question on Launcher Pro - do you have a problem where some of the apps in a subfolder utilize a generic icon after a restart?  I think it may have been for apps that were on my sdcard, but I'm not sure.

Thanks in advance...

Journeyman

I haven't had that, but then again I don't have any apps installed on my SD card....

Journeyman

After three weeks with the Samsung Epic, I now have issues with home screen orientation. It no longer adjust to how I position the phone. There are no issues seen with other apps that detect orientation. I think you are on to something for sure concerning Samsung / Sprint's software being buggy.

Community Manager

Some additional information, I was having the same issues, and downloading the launcher helped with the orientation but not the lag.  If you still have lag after you install and configure the Launcher Pro, go to Settings/Display then Calibrate your phone (it's easiest if you set it upside down on the counter and calibrate it). No more lag, all fixed!

Also, anyone reading this who has not installed a new launcher, you will loose all your shortcuts and have to reconfigure each of your screens.  (at least I did)

Crusader for Customer Advocacy
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat