cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting a notification

Journeyman

Deleting a notification

Recived a text message from Facebook. The text was not correct, and I was able to do a work-around but the notification hangs on. When I click the notification a bland text message comes up. I can remove it, but the notification (a #1 appears on the message icon) won't go away. When I go into messages, there are no unread messages. don't really want to delete all my messages, how can I get rid of this notification? I have gone into settings and turned off notifications twice. It makes the notice disappear from the top but not on the message icon. As soon as I turn notifications back on the notice is there again. Help!

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Journeyman

Drag the notification bar straight down to open it. Then press "Clear"

You can also tap "Menu" and then select "Notifications" to get you there.

Hope that helps

Message was edited by: RSPC

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, that did work. Don't know how I missed the clear button.

It did not clear the message Icon on the bottom of the phone. I shut down the phone and as it rebooted it was gone, but suddenly I got a notification and the stupid FB message was back again.

It is a FB Mobile confirmation code. Does not show up in messages, will show up if I do a search of messages, but when I click on the message I get a send message page with just some numbers in the send to window. Just can't find any kind of menu that will let me delete. I can delete the blank message but the message icon still there showing a #1 on the bottom of the screen. I have shut down twice and rebooted. Second reboot no notification but still not able to go in to delete the message!

Highlighted
Journeyman

The message icon on the bottom is most likely controlled by the FB app that you use. I don't use any FB app myself so I wouldn't know, but you may want to look through the settings for it.

Also I use Launcher Pro and it has settings to show notifications too, I don't use it though.

You can also try going to  menu/settings/Applications/manage applications  then select ALL from the top and scroll down until you find your FB app listed, Tap on it and (if it lets you) Clear data and cache. Then back out of there with the back button and see what happens..

Hopefully one of these works for you.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Your instructions worked perfectly........until I restarted.

Then the message was sent again.

I uninstalled the updates of FB, but it says I can still use the factory version.

How can I completely uninstall FB from the phone, then reinstall?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Without Root access to your phone I don't think its possible to remove a stock Sprint app.

Believe it or not, I do not have a FB account.  I would think that there would be a setting to un-link a mobile device?

At this point I'm at a loss..

Maybe a Sprint Rep. will chime in on this?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I went overboard clearing cache from other applications and now my phone is going straight to Voicemail even after several restarts. May have to go to Sprint store today

Highlighted
Journeyman

Try turning off it off and remove the battery for about 5 min, then replace and restart. That would prob be step#1 the store would do.

If that diddnt work you can do Step #2 a "factory reset" (You will loose everything on your phone that is not backed up!) (Things on the SD card should be OK) menu/settings/privacy/factory data reset

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat