cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digits Entered During Phone Calls NOT Recognized

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have had an issue the last week where the majority of the time I am unable to join conference calls with my phone. This is due to a frustrating issue where any digits entered via the keypad during a call are not recognized. I also have had this issue when calling vendors and attempting to make selections in their IVR. I am hoping there is a quick fix to this issue. I really like the phone, but if I cannot conduct business, I'll have to return to my trusted Blackberry Pearl which always worked without fail. Today I had no fall back and had to be remote. As a result of the poor performance of the Epic, I missed a critical con call.

Before you answer...here is some further information...

Yes, I rebooted the phone including a hard reboot by removing the battery. There was no change.

Yes, I tried raising and lowering the volume of the in call volume as well as the volume of the microphone. There was no change.

Someone help me resolve this please!

3 REPLIES 3
Sprint Employee

Re: Digits Entered During Phone Calls NOT Recognized

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble, The confrencing system you are using is listening for DTMF. Even if you have Audible touch tones enabled from Menu > Settings > sound your phone may be emitting short DTMF. At this time I found no setting for the Epic to change DTMF mode from short to long, only a way to disable DTMF from a service menu, I found no apps which would produce DTMF tones through the phone, I am contacting a person in our research and development and will post back to you when I have more answers.

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

Similar problem here, the touch screen buttons dont work half the time and the other half they randomly enter numbers I never touched.  Trying to call into business and use the dreaded... Press 1 for English, Press 2 for Spanish, etc...  Sometimes have to hit the button 5-6 times to get it to register.  Also have a problem with the End Call not working.  Call someone and get a voicemail, dont feel like leaving a message so I attempt to hang up and can't.  Hopefully me dropping F bombs while calling Sprint every name in the book doesnt register on their machine.  Just add these problems to the existing slew of problems with this craptastic phone.

Sprint Employee

Hello NotoriousRJF, our Developement team is investigating the matter, from initial testing it appears that the phone can only emit short tones, and long tones for DTMF cannot be enabled. to demonstrate you could call a land line phone you will hear on the landline a brief tone when the numbered keys are pressed on your epic. on the otherhand you may notice on the epic hearing a tone as long as the landline keys are held. I will post back with more detail as it becomes available.

No longer working Community Response.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat