cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Epic 4g meet any of your expectations?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Does the Epic 4g meet any of your expectations?

I really wonder why folks buy a phone then complain online... don"t like it give it back...do some research before the purchase.  The Epic has performed as I expected.... every smartphone I've owned has had power issues...so that means invest in more than one power source... updates are inevitable, so wait for them...if the phone irratates you that bad , get another phone.  Phone features should suit the purchaser not your neighbor or online tech person.  My wife has the EVO 4g so we compare everyday... she has her phone and I have mine.... adapting to what I want my phone to do for me!!  The expectations are here... any updates would exceed my out look... for now.....

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Does the Epic 4g meet any of your expectations?

Amen

Highlighted
Journeyman

Most of us did the research before buying.  We researched the heck outta this phone.

We were told it would have 3.5" video out as well as DLNA, we were told the GPS is 100% fixed, we were told that the battery life was phenomenal.  It wasn't until after we bought the phone that they said, "Oh, I guess it's every Galaxy S but this one on the video out.  Sorry 'bout that!"  Then we find that the GPS is, in fact, not fixed.  It's just broken differently.  Then we see our battery life is as bad as or worse than the EVO unless we turn almost every feature off and don't use the phone.

Signal quality?  Where my previous Sprint phones get excellent reception, I can barely get one bar on the Epic; and I'm not alone in this.

Data transfer?  3G is still poor even compared to my two daughter's moments.  4G speeds are also about 2/3 to 1/2 what the EVO gets in the same locations.

The camera is awesome, though.  Definitely one of the best cameras for both stills and video for mobile devices available.  The screen is terrific for video and movies and there are many other features that work as advertised.

That being said, I do like this phone but I did not get what I was promised and it is not unreasonable for people to ask that items which were researched and promised to them to be fixed and delivered.

Don't take this as a complaint about the phone; my issues have been brought up in the proper threads. And, yes, we were early adopters (you're welcome for our finding all the bugs and misinformation so you could do more accurate research) but when information is given weeks before-hand to a consumer and it's incorrect, what do you expect us to do about that?

I think it's pretty arrogant and unappreciative of you to come in here and claim nobody did research when it's because of us early adopters that you can find the recent information you have about the broken/mislead pieces of this phone.  Thanks to us, you can make informed decisions based on our reviews and not some company's lies about their device.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was wanting to get the Epic, downside, 10 extra a month for 4g. If I didn't have to pay for the 4G, i would get it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I completely agree!

Highlighted
Journeyman

My thought as far as the $10/mo. charge goes is, 1) if you can afford a $250 phone with a new 2yr. agreement, then $10/mo. shouldn't be the stopping point. 2) The phone does SO much & if you like it, what is YOUR enjoyment worth to you? 3) If you are strapped for cash (and I know a LOT of people are these days, then you might want to hang onto something a little less "cutting edge" until you're in a better position. If the only thing stopping you is $10, think of it as 2 Lg Coffees' from Starbucks you won't get to choke down each month, that's my rationalization!

Highlighted
Journeyman

And I see your point. But instead of buying the Epic, why not but the Evo. The difference is a keyboard and a couple of things. Other than that, not much of a difference. Also, 4G isn't everywhere. I know I do not have it at my house. That is also why I am not getting one.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The main reason I didn't get an EVO & did get the Epic is availability. I was on a list for the EVO for over a month when the Epic was released & I saw the keyboard & decided to go that route. They are both incredibly versatile phones.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Knowledge is always important... the sharing of such knowledge is divine.... my Epic 4g performs as expected...but still looking forward to updates...

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat