ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Epic screen fade in and out?

Journeyman

Does the Epic screen fade in and out?

Just got my epic yesterday and I noticed when I pressed the power button this morning the screen started out dim and a 1/2 second later the brightness increased. Also when i press the power key to turn the screen off it fades out. Is this normal? Or is there as setting to make the scree come up instantly rather than fading in or out?

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: Does the Epic screen fade in and out?

Mine does that as well.  I thought it might be the proximity sensor at first but I don't think that is it.  I notice it while texting and playing solitaire.  The screen does it on its own.  I also thought maybe it was a power saving step but it dims sometimes when touched.

Journeyman

Re: Does the Epic screen fade in and out?

I have noticed this as well. It gets very annoying to have to go into the display settings and adjust brightness every time this happens, which is often. I "wake" the phone and the screen doesn't light up automatically.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat