cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Samsung Epic come with a stock screen protector?

Journeyman

Does the Samsung Epic come with a stock screen protector?

I have noticed that on my screen there seems to be an outline of what looks like a pre cut screen protector. So is it? Should I take it off?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Does the Samsung Epic come with a stock screen protector?

No, the Samsung Epic does not come with a stock screen protector. There is a plasitic screen cover that comes on it to protect it while in the box, but it is not meant to be used as a screen protector.

Journeyman

The plastic cover that came on my Epic had writing on it.  It was just to protect the screen during shipping and to keep it from getting fingerprints on the screen at the factory.  They want your phone to look pretty when you fire it up for the first time.  Aside from that, there isn't a factory installed screen protector and I have opted to not put one on.  The Epic has Corning's Gorilla Glass which is the most durable, scratch and break resistant glass on the market.  Check out the video and see how it works.  The feel of the glass is so much better than the feel of a plastic screen protector.

http://vimeo.com/8602963

Wizard

agree.  unless you foresee yourself dealing with sand or other harder elements, no screen protector necessary.  no scratch on mine since 8/31/2010.

Message was edited by: badankles

wrong year

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat