cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download of Message Unsucessful..

Journeyman

Download of Message Unsucessful..

I have a Samsung Epig 4G  almost evertime someone sends me a Picture Mail the Download button is on text and when i push it it comes back Download of Message Unsuccessful. How do i Change this. Its really agrivating

Message was edited by: Gamzplayer33

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Wizard

Re: Download of Message Unsucessful..

I'm trying to replicate what you're seeing on the screen.  Are you saying you're having problems opening the text message from the "drawer" that allows you to access a new SMS, MMS, email, etc.?  Are you able to see the new MMS when you access your messages via the Messaging button at the bottom of the home screen?  If so, something is quirky with your phone.

I'm going to move your post to the Epic forum for better visibility, maybe other Epic users have an idea what's causing this/how to fix it, but you may just need to take the phone to a Store and have a technician take a look at it.

Journeyman

This one should be pretty easy. Just make sure you arent on Wi-Fi when you are trying to retrieve your MMS message. To the best of my knowledge, this problem occurs because Sprint's servers arent able to authenticate your device when your request goes over Wi-Fi. Switch to your 3G connection, and everything should be fine. Let me know if that works.

Hope this helps

Note: I am a Sprint Employee & a Samsung Epic 4G Product Ambassador; but mostly I'm a customer just like you

Journeyman

Was havin this same prob. And indeed turnin off the wifi works.thnxs

Journeyman

I had a similar issue. I am unable to download picture messages on the 4G network. I figured that out after reading this post. Although I shouldn't have to, I turned off my 4G, hit download and voila! I thought 4G was supposed to be "better" than 3G? I mean I'll admit it's way faster, but I shouldn't have to turn it off to receive my messages.

Journeyman

I have the same issue. I cannot download an MMS while connected to 4G, however I am able to get them while connected to wifi at home.

I do agree that it is quite ridiculous that you cannot download an MMS over Sprint's 4G network. Is this ever going to be fixed?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat